Loris , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Loris Camping Reviews
Simple But Fine

If you're heading here to visit the beach, it's a great spot. You're about a five minute drive to the beach which is very convenient. The staff was very friendly and helpful as well and they had a massive selection of movies to rent which was cool. The campground itself was fine, the spots are a little small and it's next to some sketchy looking properties. Some great restaurants in the area as well.

Hidden in Holden

Close to the beach and easy to find backside parking. Do not let the drive deter you, it was an easy daily drive. Had a site next to “permanent bathroom” and trash area. So the smell wasn’t the best towards pickup time. The spots were nicely landscaped and we felt cozy. Lots of long term campers which gave it an odd mobile home vibe though. Photo shows how close we were to bathrooms….

We love it

This place is awesome especially if you have kids. Bath houses are nice and clean, splash pool is top notch, putt putt, food, and the beach here is really nice. Only negative is the roofs over the little picnic tables are weirdly low. I hit my head multiple times daily.

Fun family trip

We spend three nights at Ocean Lakes. I didn't have much contact with any on the staff except for check in and the one night we ate there at their little resteraunt. Staff wasn't overly friendly, but no one was rude. The campsite was roomier than I actually expected, we were in K section and had a concrete pad, our site was very level with a large tree. We were a short walk away from the beach! Overall our stay was enjoyable. The bath houses were clean, and the campground well maintained. We did have dog waste on our site when we arrived, so that was kind of gross, but overall people seemed to pick up after their pets. If you like quiet I would avoid the weekends in October, due to their Halloween celebration. Lots of kids on golf carts, speed limit is 10 MPH but it wasn't enforced on Friday night as far as I could tell, we had a couple of close calls. Quiet time is at 11 and on Friday night it was noisy past midnight, but the two nights before that the campground was very laid back and quiet. The pool was very cold (off season) but my son still loved it and it is a very nice area. The beach is the best part, it was beautiful! Overall I recommend this campground, and we will stay here again!

Convenient and Great Amenities

We just finished our stay at Ocean Lakes Family Campground in Myrtle Beach, SC. We enjoyed it and will return.

Cons: no shade, sites really tight, a lot of golf carts zooming around, internet flakey - if you could stay connected it was good, site not level

Pros: right on the beach, a ton of amenities - including potable water, affordable for being on the beach with full hookup (e,w,s,c,i), concrete pad available, super easy to get to (it has its own intersection redlight).

*picture from our site to show distance to ocean - less than 100 steps. Site #2073

The Best Campground in MB

This campground has it all!! So much to do here .. safe place to stay .. A+

Family oriented

This place was great but unfortunately we only got to stay 2 days before being evacuated for a hurricane. The campground did give us a voucher to come back at a later time. The bath houses were clean and they had several activities going on at the pool

Quiet, cozy and relaxing

My wife and I were looking for a place to escape for a couple of days. We found this campground and decided to go. This place is wonderful. The sites are far enough apart you don’t get interrupted by the neighboring campsites but the campground isn’t so big you have to drive everywhere. We had a shaded site, which most of the sites there are shaded, it had full hook ups and a fire ring. The staff was helpful and very easy to approach about any issues that would come up. There is a playground for kids and I could see our kids riding their bikes around with no issues at all. It is very short ride to the beach and there is a grocery store, ice cream shop, and a few restaurants nearby. I cannot wait to go back. We stayed at site 4.

Words can't describe!

This place is crazy fun! If you want a quiet, low key place in the summer, this is not for you. But if you want lively, family fun, crazy golf carts and friendly campers, then you should check this place out! We loved it and will be back!

Place for family

Great place for your family to have a great weekend or week at the beach. Lots of kid things to do close to shopping centers and eight in the beach.