Johnsonville , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Johnsonville Camping Reviews
We love it

This place is awesome especially if you have kids. Bath houses are nice and clean, splash pool is top notch, putt putt, food, and the beach here is really nice. Only negative is the roofs over the little picnic tables are weirdly low. I hit my head multiple times daily.

Nice spot

Big gravel loop with about 10 sites under the pines. Water spigot didn't work but there were vault toilets. Big fire tower in the middle that is fenced off. We were there on a Monday and only one other camper there. Nice and quite with lots of trails in the national forest.

Fun family trip

We spend three nights at Ocean Lakes. I didn't have much contact with any on the staff except for check in and the one night we ate there at their little resteraunt. Staff wasn't overly friendly, but no one was rude. The campsite was roomier than I actually expected, we were in K section and had a concrete pad, our site was very level with a large tree. We were a short walk away from the beach! Overall our stay was enjoyable. The bath houses were clean, and the campground well maintained. We did have dog waste on our site when we arrived, so that was kind of gross, but overall people seemed to pick up after their pets. If you like quiet I would avoid the weekends in October, due to their Halloween celebration. Lots of kids on golf carts, speed limit is 10 MPH but it wasn't enforced on Friday night as far as I could tell, we had a couple of close calls. Quiet time is at 11 and on Friday night it was noisy past midnight, but the two nights before that the campground was very laid back and quiet. The pool was very cold (off season) but my son still loved it and it is a very nice area. The beach is the best part, it was beautiful! Overall I recommend this campground, and we will stay here again!

Convenient and Great Amenities

We just finished our stay at Ocean Lakes Family Campground in Myrtle Beach, SC. We enjoyed it and will return.

Cons: no shade, sites really tight, a lot of golf carts zooming around, internet flakey - if you could stay connected it was good, site not level

Pros: right on the beach, a ton of amenities - including potable water, affordable for being on the beach with full hookup (e,w,s,c,i), concrete pad available, super easy to get to (it has its own intersection redlight).

*picture from our site to show distance to ocean - less than 100 steps. Site #2073

The Best Campground in MB

This campground has it all!! So much to do here .. safe place to stay .. A+

A great low-country experience

Fantastic hiking, well maintained (during normal services), and the primitive campsites are the best "get-away" opportunity.

Nature is abundant, both flaura and fauna. So bug spray is recommended to the unfortunate of us that are preyed upon by mosquitoes and the like. Also my dogs love it and it's a great energy burner for them.

Family oriented

This place was great but unfortunately we only got to stay 2 days before being evacuated for a hurricane. The campground did give us a voucher to come back at a later time. The bath houses were clean and they had several activities going on at the pool

Words can't describe!

This place is crazy fun! If you want a quiet, low key place in the summer, this is not for you. But if you want lively, family fun, crazy golf carts and friendly campers, then you should check this place out! We loved it and will be back!

Place for family

Great place for your family to have a great weekend or week at the beach. Lots of kid things to do close to shopping centers and eight in the beach.

AMAZING

Very friendly, and clean! The employees are super respectful.