The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Sharpsburg , KENTUCKY

Camping Kentucky Sharpsburg Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Sharpsburg Camping Reviews
Beautiful campground in Daniel Boone National Forest!

Deep in the woods after a windy drive through the forest. We stayed in H loop site 34 so this review is only about that loop. Each campsite is nestled into the forest with full shade and ample privacy spacing between sites. Peaceful and quiet. Clean campground and shower houses, great facilities including a dump station. We stayed for one night in October 2020 and really wished we had stayed longer. Beautiful fall colors. We will return.

Where everyone is a family!

It doesn’t matter where you are from, this campground is a very friendly campground. Your neighbors are just like when you are home….well if you like your neighbors. But seriously everyone at this campground is like family! Bathhouse is very clean with heat and air conditioning. Nice playground for the kids. Putt putt golf and some history along with Quinton doing his nature walks, and events fit the family and kids with scavenger hunts.Also be sure to eat at the Hidden waters lodge!

Pipes froze over, no running water

Camped for a few days in late March for a climbing trip (no fires at Miguels). It snowed the pipes froze over so none of the facilities were working. I'm sure it's super nice in the summer.

A great family get-away campground. Great for a weekend or a whole summer.

A great family get-away campground.

Great for a weekend or a whole summer. There are a lot of regular campers that come back all the time.

Family run and lots of amenities.

Great Accommodations!!

Perfect over night spot on our way down south. Great pull-thru site, we were able to stay connected and seconds away from the freeway. Site 61 is awesome!

nice and primitive

This was a nice, quiet and primitive campground. The sites were nice and spread out. The bathrooms were clean. I would definitely return to hike some of the trails.

Lots of trees and water, very calming

Park is nice with lots of trees and water. Small rental cabins surround the park. Owners are very nice and very helpful with tips and suggestions for the RV, and local eateries. We stayed one night on our way south from Indy. We wanted to visit The Ark and The Creation Museum, but cannot do both in one day. I deducted a star from overall and value rating only due to no direct sewer connection. Although they do have a dump station, I prefer to have a direct hook-up. Sites are pretty level, although we did have to unhook to keep truck from sticking out into road. SInce the park wasn't full, the owners let us park our truck in site next to us. We stayed in our 38' travel trailer with our Ford F250 truck.

Nicest People You Will Ever Meet

If you are looking for a clean campground with great amenities and some of friendliest people you will ever meet you have to try Callie’s Campground!! They have a country store that serves meals and carries supplies you might have forgotten. They have everything from full service to primitive. Each camper site comes with a fire ring and picnic table.

Beautiful campground near natural bridge Kentucky, October 2020

Our plans were tentative so we had not made reservations in advance. We felt lucky to grab a site. The camp manager was very helpful. It was quite and clean. Women’s showers were fine, but my husband said the men’s were not so great. We hiked to the arch a mile away and while it was muddy, it was still beautiful. It rained our second night, but we were fine. We would definitely return.

Nice things come in small packages !

My wife and I have been camping for years. We decided to come to Kentucky to visit the Ark and the Creation Museum. I found this little campground by joining The Dyrt. Three springs, was the best choice this summer. Very friendly staff and delivered my firewood next to the fire pit. Loaned me an electric cord extension and it was a delight to stay there.