The best BOAT IN camping near
Port Royal , KENTUCKY

Most Recent Port Royal Camping Reviews
Great Service

Great staff with friendly service where they try to help you in anyway possible. Family enjoyed putt putt, but the pool wasn’t opened when we were there. Lots were mostly level with full services, but backed up to RV storage field. Would return again and try a different lot.

Nice and Relaxing

Was nice and relaxing. We will be back for a weekend stay. Reasonable nightly rates.

5 star all the way!

Our family has had multiple reunions at the campground. The service here is impeccable, but that’s just the beginning. The park itself is beautiful and there are plenty of places to get in a great walk. There’s a wonderful pool and awesome snack foods for sale. This is a special place, a perfect spot to build those lasting memories.

Small SRA

This is a State Recreational Area in Southern Indiana by Scottsburg. It's small. The smallest reservoir the state manages, but it's a nice place to camp & boat. My husband fishes & he said fishing was fair. He fished from shore. Boats are a big part of this lake. There are 4 boat launches on the lake! Lots of people were water skiing, tubing& playing in the water. There's also a beach, which looked clean. There's minimal Canada Geese on shore.

There's no nature center, but there's a small raptor display. The Raptor Rescue is apparently located nearby.

There's 2 trail areas. Trail 5 goes to the beach. Connected to that, trail 6 makes a .52M loop. Trail 2, 3,& 4 can be done as individual loops or looped together.

The Shale Bluff campground is nice, but there were lots of sites in full sun. Watch the incline of some of the as well. The bathrooms& showers were great! Clean & had been updated in the last 10 years. Electricity at all sites. Water at places throughout the campground.

The best site is site 160 in the primitive campground, Wooster. If you can get by without electricity, it's right on the water. 163 in primitive is also nice.

Shale Bluff Campground has 150 sites with electricity. The best site is 122. Private, shady& you get peeks of the lake between the leaves. Other good sites are 119, 120, 123,& 125. Sites 120& 122 are very nice, but there's 2 trails that take you to the water close to these sites. Other campers use these trails & walk by close, but not actually in your site. If this bothers you, sites 119, 123 & 125 might be better for you. IMO, site 122 was the best! We camped at Hardy Lake State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Great campground !

Beautiful campsite!

Nice campground and state park

One of the cleanest campgrounds we’ve been to. The site are a bit small and some close together but the park offers a lot. Golf, swimming pool, playgrounds, shelters, and a nice lake to fish and kayak on.

Perfect all around!

I’m on a month camping trek. This is the third place I’ve stopped in the past week. Beautiful area, tent camping and pull thru available. Camp hosts were knowledgeable, helpful, and kind. Store had everything I needed.

The place is beautiful with river view and valley overlooking sunsets every night. Options of wooded or open concept sites. Picnic tables and fireplaces were in good shape. Thunderstorms came though the night by noon everything was dry and perfect.

Everyone in the store when I arrived was welcoming. Answered all my questions. The have fishing licenses available, along with hunting.

Be aware it is a Marina, this said if fishings your deal everything your looking for in the store. If you’re used to being spoiled in state park camp stores, they have wood and ice and food and coffee. Don’t bank on them have that last minute toothbrush you forgot.

This being said the shower house was immaculate. Been camping since I was six months old. Don’t remember all the shower houses but I’ve never seen one this clean and well maintained.

For sure will be visiting again!
This was a very nice, clean, family friendly campground!

We loved the campground!  The facilities were very nice and clean.  The park was clean and very spacious.  We had lots of room in our space and we were not on top of our neighbors!!  Our dogs loved the park.  We will be back to stay again.

All around amazing!

If you love water and nature this is the place for you! Beautiful river front campground that is peaceful. There is a boat ramp (perfect for my kayak), docks to go fishing off of, lots of nature and trails. I just brought my RV here for an extended stay and the staff made every effort to make sure my stay would be enjoyable! They even came out and helped me hook everything up (I’m a newbie to RV camping). They have new owners and the staff is very welcoming and treat you like family and friends. I highly recommend this place and so thankful I found this little gem!

This will be VERY different experience for you and your family! Promise!

I have GREAT news for you! You will find a much different experience with the new Management! AND new hiking and biking trails being put in this month! We are excited to be part of this beautiful property. Come have some fun with us! CumminsFerry.com