Clinton, KENTUCKY

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Clinton Camping Reviews
Waterfront

Big RVers probably should stay away when this campground is full. We watched a fifth wheel almost get stuck on their way out. Sites are shallow but wider. Some sides further from the water can house the big rigs but most of these sites are for smaller campers and tents. Contains a shower house, sewer, water, electric, and some great views.

This campground is all about location as it is right along the river and central location for hiking and adventuring. Most certainly will be back as we only stayed one night on our way back home.

Big Fun on the Lake

This huge campground has the best tent sites near the water on loop B that aren't reservable, so you'll likely get a good one just showing up on a weeknight in the summer or less busy weekend. The kids had a great time at the beach/swimming area and there's a nice store and not too much traffic for riding bikes. Firewood was dry and reasonably priced. Definitely a favorite family campground at LBL!

Nice get away

We pulled in and couldn’t believe the gorgeous grounds The manager/owner had just purchased the resort this spring we visited 10/19 the park was quaint Easy space for us to access w slide outs and nice roads the ponds were beautiful we enjoyed watching the kids fish!

Maybe next time :(

We decided to make the 2 hour drive to do a one night camp here and explore the area. We checked online and saw that several spots were open, so we went without reservation. When we finally made it to the park, we were greeted with a"closed" office. Apparently the office at the campground closes everyday from 12p-1p for lunch. We decided to drive through the park and look for a spot to settle in on. After making part of the first loop, we immediately saw why there were so many unreserved spots…A good 90% of the campground was underwater! The handful of sites that were still open for use had pools of water standing on the site. Hard pass for us. I wish this would have been listed as a warning on the TNSP website.

We drove to the visitors center to check that area out and consider the 2nd campground that is not on the water. We were greeted with another"closed" sign but no other signage about the hours or when they would reopen. We walked around outside and viewed the beautiful eagles, owls and hawks. We never found the other campground due to poor signage, so we left without actually getting to camp here. Very disappointed with everything being closed. Will have to try again in the spring.

Maybe next time :(

We decided to make the 2 hour drive to do a one night camp here and explore the area. We checked online and saw that several spots were open, so we went without reservation. When we finally made it to the park, we were greeted with a "closed" office. Apparently the office at the campground closes everyday from 12p-1p for lunch. We decided to drive through the park and look for a spot to settle in on. After making part of the first loop, we immediately saw why there were so many unreserved spots…A good 90% of the campground was underwater! The handful of sites that were still open for use had pools of water standing on the site. Hard pass for us. I wish this would have been listed as a warning on the TNSP website.

We drove to the visitors center to check that area out and consider the 2nd campground that is not on the water. We were greeted with another "closed" sign but no other signage about the hours or when they would reopen. We walked around outside and viewed the beautiful eagles, owls and hawks.

Great little park with all you need

Nice little campground, with full hook-ups available. Nice views of the Mississippi River. Very clean all around. All site are hard and somewhat level. You can drive a short distance to the river for some boat watching. Everything is very well cared for. Lots of Civil War history on site. I'd recommend that you pass on buying the internet service. It's spotty at best and slow.

Columbus has plenty of areas to have a cookout, an abundance of trails to explore, a ton of scenery for your eyes to enjoy, history woven into it's fabric which is narrated to you by way of signs and a museum(which cost a very reasonable fee to explore), a beautiful campground, a pleasant little food shack with reasonable food prices( hot dogs, hamburgers, ice cream, sodas and more on menu), and cute mini Golf course!( also a reasonable fee). The staff we ran into were very friendly and helpful. Can't wait to journey back

Older campground but still has all you need

We've camped here a couple of times. Lake is nice but some of the sites on the lake are steep. The spot was clean and had a nice picnic table and fire pit.

Electric hook up a bit far from camper. Needed to buy extension for 30-50 amp hookup.

Level? Not so much. Unless you are a master truck driver, and pull a trailer less than 24', you are in trouble backing into most sites. Pray your neighbor moves his/her vehicle for you. Bathhouse needs a total gut job, and more attentive personnel on busy weekends. Area around the campground is great with lots of activities.

Air park

We stayed at the air park camp ground it was quite and nice.

needed up grade

It needs to be updated and they need to tell you when you call about all the fee along with the price.

Isolated and Quiet

I loved the absolute isolation and quiet atmosphere that this campsite offers. I saw a few people but they mostly kept to themselves, which was fine with me. I was solo camping and came out to enjoy the solitude. I had a site on the lower side near the lake, I knew there was some rain forecast, but there was a ditch next to my site that I assumed would handle any runoff from the hill above. I was wrong. It rained rather heavily for about 4.5 hours and that little ditch couldn't handle it all. Water flooded under my tent, but the floor held up and the interior stayed dry, but the exterior became caked in mud. The rain also created rather large gouges in the roadways within the campsite, but this seems to be a common occurrence in the gravel roads within the LBL. The gouges in the road leading to the camp were filled in a day or so, so I had no problem driving out.

On the up side, the camp offers views of a myriad of wildlife and great fishing access to the lake. I stayed four days and three nights from Sunday to Wednesday. I imagine that the weekends may draw more of a crowd, but I don't know for sure. But the early part of the week that I was there offered a great chance to truly get away from it all. I was there in late July and other than all the mayflies on the bank, there were hardly any bugs to speak of. Other than the flies attracted to my trash.

Speaking of trash, there is a dumpster on site so there is no need to pack out your litter. The portapot was spotless, so that was another plus.

I would recommend this site and would definitely come back.