The best RV SITES camping near
Methvins , GEORGIA

Most Recent Methvins Camping Reviews
Cheap, not fancy, lots of fun!

This place was great. It’s not fancy, and could use some updating, but we really enjoyed ourselves. They had lots to offer: bike trails, a huge wooden playground, a splash park, disk golf, a bmx bike track, an rc car track, a small zoo/animal conservatory, and some sort of nature center or something. We loved the playground. It needs some repairs, but nothing major, just updating mainly. The zoo is an extra charge. It’s small and unkempt, but we had a good time. I think there is a lake for water sports also, but we didn’t check it out. We didn’t use the bathrooms or showers so can’t comment on those. The park as a whole could use some work, but for $20 a night and all there is to do it’s definitely worth checking out. We were very happy with our stay.

Surprisingly lovely

We had to stay in the area for a few nights and didn’t know what to expect, but when we rolled into the RV park we were so pleasantly surprised. It’s wel maintained, big, and even has a lovely duck pond on the property.

The sites are evenly spaced, gravel, and level. All pull through a with full hook up. The check in was super easy. The location is right off the main road so it’s super accessible. Wish it were a little less noisy, you can hear traffic.

All in all, a nice place.

First Family Camping Trip

I grew up tent camping @ KOA’s all over, every year, so I was ecstatic to be taking my young family on our first camping trip here! The staff was absolutely wonderful, the tent sites were adequate sized and the bathrooms were very well maintained and right across the road from the tent sites. The sites were actually pretty central to everything (pond, playground, bathrooms, laundry/deep sink, check-in/shop) so that was great. We didn’t spend a ton of time here because it was a short trip and we drove out to Providence Canyon State Park for our full day adventure. But every bit of time we spent at our campsite (our friends camped at the site next to us) was totally enjoyable! My ONLY complaint would be that out of the two outlets we got on our site, one of them didn’t work. Otherwise we had a perfect stay!

Great stop if you’re passing through

Stopped here to camp overnight on our way down to Florida from Ohio. Arrived around 9:30 and was able to check-in after hours via a box with an envelope next to the office. Only us and a few other people so it was pretty quiet. The restrooms were very clean and well lit, and in this current covid time going to a public restroom can be dicey so I appreciated that.

It is right next to the highway, which is quick and great if you’re just pulling in for the night. We camped in a truck but if you’re a tent camper you will be hearing the dull roar of the expressway all night if that bothers you!

Great Park!

This place is HUGE!! As others have said, the sites are a little close together and there's some traffic noise, but neither bothered me very much - I was real close to the road too, so not that bad at all. I was quite comfortable the two days I stayed here. They have a little convenience store with camping gear you may have forgotten (or didn't know you needed!), souvenirs, food, and other essentials. The bathrooms are nice and there are some on-site fun to be had with a basketball hoop and playground.

I love it here

Lots of room. Spacious campsites. The hosts are friendly. Propane tanks picked up and filled for you. There’s a large fenced dog park. Laundry available. Clean bath houses. There are small comping cabins available. I have full hookups. The area is remote and quiet, but the Walmart and dollar store are right up the road if you forget something.

Quick one night stay.

I stayed two different nights on a motorcycle trip to Western North Carolina, November 6 2019, one night up and one night back. Campground was pretty close to halfway between on my trip. I stayed in one of their camping cabins and it was very comfortable and worked out great. Easy access clean showers and rest room. Highly recommended..

convenient no frills

No frills park convenient to the interstate between 2 cities.

Average stay

Site #52, full hookup site, slightly unlevel but generally a good site.

Park has a museum and war time tank and aircraft.  Large field where local airplane hobbyists come and fly their models.  Campground was quiet, and very dark at night.  We did see some wildlife roaming as we ventured out in to the park.

The hosts did a good job of keeping the restrooms clean.  I don't recall seeing any park officials driving through the campground.

Campground is at the back of the park, so not a lot of outside traffic.  Fishing and boating, Restaurant and bar not busy at all.

I will say it was pricey, $60/night

Clean and friendly

We spent two nights here, both as stopovers. Management was helpful in their instructions as we were arriving after hours. The campsites had a grill, table and there was a dog exercise area. The showers were spotless. We will be visiting Twin Oaks again.