The best WALK IN camping near
Calvary , GEORGIA

Most Recent Calvary Camping Reviews
Newer campground

Newer RV park. Clean restrooms. Pool and dog park are some of the amenities. There is a boat ramp and docks/slips, but the lake was almost empty - no fault of the campground. Some sites are paved some are not. No privacy between sites. Electric capacity lacking. Only had an amp hookup but needed outlets for our popup. No fire rings - need to rent. There is a store/gas station at the front of the park. Would not stay again for personal preference.

Camel Lake

Nice quant campground with good sized spots. A No-Frills trail that goes around the lake. Awesome Campground host.

The Great Challenege

There’s a hiking loop called the Great Challenge. It’s so difficult, meandering up and down in elevation for 9 miles, that you may give up. Camping is grand— so much wildlife. If you’re lucky you may be able to see a panther or an indigo snake. The campgrounds used to be lush but Hurricane Irma really did a number of the vegetation. However, it doesn’t take away from the enjoying the doors. The river is nearby and across the river allows hunting so you may hear hunters. If you come in from the river and try to camp, make sure it hasn’t rained a lot which could make hiking up to a campsite challenging. They have both dispersed campsites and drive-up.

Good overnighter

This is a very basic park with full hook ups. $38 a night but the area is clean and grass well kept. Zero amenities here but 3 bars of 5g on AT&T. Pretty nice overnight stop but not much more. Very easy access off I-10.

No buses

Looks like a wonderful campground, unfortunately we came as a group in a mini church bus and were turned away. So if you have a bus camper or are bringing a group here in a bus i would keep looking.

Beautiful and relaxing place to stay with lots of amenities.

Ed and Bernices is a really nice campground.  Very spacious.  Right on the Ochlockonee River with a boat ramp for campers to use.  The bathrooms were clean with a hot shower.  All of the campers have a pole barn and a picnic table.  The place is well kept. Fishing was great.  We kayaked, went swimming.  Cooked out, had a camp fire.   Just had a wonderful time.  I recommend it for friends and family.  They even had a family reunion on the campground.  We were all invited.  It was like a family atmosphere.  People there are very friendly.  Highly recommended. Store right down the street.

Torreya State Park

Nice park.

Elevated Florida with a view

During the week of 7/19/2020 I spent 2 nights at this unique state park. After settling in I found the view out of my back dinette windows to be unlike any I had ever seen in Florida. Futher exploration found even better views from the bluff over the Apalachicola River and wooded expanses. Just keep an eye open for bears and snakes as this is true Florida wilderness.

Awesome little spot.

The site was clean and quite large. The trails were nice and maintained. There is a swimming area and I was able to put my kayak in for a nice paddle. Will definitely return once the Florida sun gets tucked in for winter.

Our new family Vacation spot

So far we are on day one and everything has been great, the staff helped us with all of our questions and showed us exactly where to go.