The best RV SITES camping near
Bonanza , COLORADO

Most Recent Bonanza Camping Reviews
Excellent Choice!

Great place in an awesome location! Stayed for 3 months beginning of 2020 and had a great time! The host is always checking to make sure your stay is everything g you need! Location allows access to some absolutely GORGEOUS places to explore in Colorado. The camp sites are a little snug but a few do have more room for privacy. Beautiful Rio Grande runs through the park and trees provide a very comfortable setting. Lots of wild life and stars are amazing at night

Great Road Trip Campsite

There are many beautiful campsites here. Tenting sites are separated from RV sites, which I appreciated. There are beautiful fire pits and standard picnic tables. Night temps were good for car camping in winter months. Hikes of any length can be started right from the campground or a short drive away. Maximum stay allowed is 72 hours.

Good hiking from the campground

We spent two night here and really enjoyed it.  There is a nice hike right from the campground.  The trail allows motorcycles but it doesn't appear they have been there much.  We didn't see any.  Usage would be light/medium I would say.  The road in is good for all vehicles but I question the length recommended.

Our 5th wheel is a short one and there we only a couple of sites we could fit.  I would think a 30' trailer would be about it.  There were a couple of dispersed sites on the way in that could have taken a bigger unit.  The road in is a one lane affair so a big rig would have an interesting time if they ran into some one going in the opposite direction.

Lots of options

There are extensive sites in the area for all sizes of rigs.  There is plenty of room and easy access for large rigs or tent camping.  FR 272 is the main road in but there are several spur roads, 273 and 274 that have plenty of options also.  One problem is that this area is well known and is becoming very popular.  On weekends, there may be more than 50 campers in the area.

Because of the overuse some sites are getting, the forest service is starting to fence some sites in so they don't grow in size.  The are working towards camping in designated sites only because so many campers are just trashing the area.

The hiking is good with several trailheads and easy access to the Colorado Trail.

Beautiful view

One of few places to camp close to Great Sand Dunes NP in winter months. Electric sites with semi-covered picnic table and fire pits. I think toliet were closed for the season but didn’t try. Colorado hunting/fishing license required for sites

Most Pleasant Campsite I Have Been!

We took a buddies trip in October and it was the perfect spot for a getaway! Highly recommend and will be returning to this site in the future!! From Nich, Aaron, and Anthony From New Mexico!!

Perfect

In between mountains, tall pines and rivers, does camping get any better? Close to everything you need but you will feel away from it all.

Great wooded campground

Very friendly staff, beautiful wooded campground with small pond. Plenty of shade. Great base camp to go explore lake Isabel and crested butte and black canyon.

Buena Vista

Lives up to the Beautiful View in the foot hills of Presidential Peaks. Tent camped in August and woke up one morning at 38 degrees. Very nice and clean.

Lucky find!

On a roadtrip from Houston to Vegas.. my darling fiancée and I had planned on stopping in crested butte but couldn’t manage to make it there in time and we just so happened to find this campsite along the road we were traveling and good lord I’ve never been so happy with a campground!!!!! One of my favorite stays along this week long trip!

Only downside was that it was very close to the road but that’s not enough for me to take down a star! Easy self pay right up front, bathroom, nice trails, and the views here were unlike anything I’d seen off the side of any old road!

The pictures are amazing but they still do no justice!!

Campsite was clean, there was only 1 other camper, few was just $12(if I recall correctly) and honestly I would paid well over that amount for this spot!

Each campsite has a small trail behind it that leads to a river with a towering cliff on the other side. Yes… I went to all the campsites and went through all their little hidden trails to see which one had the prettiest sights and I tell you what.. they were all amazing! Especially this one that had rocks that you could walk on out over the water. It was a campers dream 😍

I would and have been suggesting this spot to anyone traveling through Gunnison, CO!!!