Estill , SOUTH CAROLINA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Estill Camping Reviews

Beautiful property. I would recommend. I would come back.

The best time 😊

We visited in May 2020. We enjoyed it so much, we returned 3 weeks later. It is like visiting a well kept farm. Loved the horses, goats, lakes and pool. Leslie was very helpful. She remembered to offer me my favorite site when it opened up! Thank you 💜

call, even if web says full

open easy sites, most are back in. friendly people. pet friendly, but campground cats roaming so watch your dog. horses and goats in farm area, plenty of room for a nice leg stretch for the dogs. close to town and nice trolley will pick you up at campground

Amazing camping experience

My daughter and I stayed in the glamping tent at Stonewood Farm just before Thanksgiving.

What a great place to unwind before the craziness of the holidays. Stonewood Farm is tucked away and offers the perfect blend of nature and farm life.

All the animals on this off-the-grid Hobby Farm are rescues and really friendly.  My 12 year old daughter was in Heaven! She had fun with the horses, goats, dogs and especially the one cat who visited our tent and crashed our Monopoly game.

The tent itself is spacious and has a tv/dvd, a heater and the most comfy bed ever.  We happened to be there during a new moon and could see a million stars and the Milky Way right over our tent. We could hear owls in the distance calling to each other.

Kimberly and Ed were amazing hosts. The campsite is away form their cabin allowing for privacy, but if we ever needed anything, they were right there to help.

My only concern is this was my daughter’s first time camping in a tent and the bar is now raised high. Haha. This is such a unique experience, we will definitely be back!

I enjoyed every min

Great place to relax, very clean and a lot to do in around the site.

So picturesque...it's like camping on someone's farm

This is our "go to" campground near Savannah. We sleep here while we explore Savannah and surrounding areas, but it's also a beautiful campground if you want to spend some time here. If you camp in an area other than the large field out front, it's like camping on someone's horse farm. Just recently, we camped in the dry camping area for tents and small units because that's all that was available. It's out in front of the office and just across from the paddock. We've also camped to the left and right of the office where you can hook up to electricity and water.

Sites

• See map. Sites 13 through 17 are full hookup sites out front among sites 1-21 and look like the best ones to me. All of these sites are appropriate for large RVs (think Class A) with long gravel pads.
  • See B1-B3 on the map. These are good for trailers plus a vehicle, you won't have a lot of neighbors, and there's a bit of a water view with no one in front of you.
  • There are 2 sites in an area called C out by a pond.
  • Dry camping areas do not show up online. There's a loop out in front of the office for tents and small units (like our teardrop). Larger units can camp over by the volleyball court.
  • Sites to the left and right of the office are good for trailers, but I don't think they're online either.
  • Call if you don't see availability online. I've never seen a tent here, but that area in front of the office is good for a tent. We've camped twice in our teardrop in this area, and there was just one truck camper the first time.

Why camp here?

• Beautiful setting
  • It's about 10 minutes to downtown Savannah.
  • Maybe you have an event to attend at Red Gate Farms. The Mackey House (see photos) is one of Savannah's best wedding sites. We attended a wedding in the spring at this beautiful venue, and it was great staying less than a mile away. (Yes, getting all dressed up at a campground was a bit weird, but the private bathrooms worked for us.) There are two other event venues closer to the campground.
  • If you want to venture beyond Savannah, Fort Pulaski is about 30 minutes away and Tybee Island is another 10 minutes. Skidaway Island State Park is on the way to the fort, and there's a campground on Tybee Island. We prefer to camp closer to the restaurants and craft breweries in Savannah.

Amenities

• Wifi
  • Pool
  • Washers, dryers, small exercise room and two private bathrooms in the office building which is always open. There's also a TV and kitchen sink.
  • You can catch a trolley to downtown Savannah.
  • Trail rides are available.
Closest RV Park to Historical Savannah

Very nice staff. Club house was like being in your own home. Sites were easy to maneuver the RV in.