Merrill, OREGON

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Merrill Camping Reviews
Fantastic

This well-maintained campground is within the national monument and steps from the visitors center. We were there offseason (October), so there were only 3 other campsites taken. SItes A6 and A7 definitely have the best views. There are no hookups for RVs, but there is a water spigot at most sites, along with picnic tables and fire pits. The bathroom was super clean. The $10 camping fee is half priced if you have an annual national park pass. Staying at this campground makes it easy and possible to stay late exploring the lava tubes and getting right back to it in the morning. There’s also a hiking path that leaves right from the campground that takes you to more caves to explore (Three Sisters).

These are the ancestral lands of the Modoc people who were forcibly removed by settlers. The museum and park has excellent education and information about the horrific battle between the Modoc people and the white settlers.

Clean and cozy

Clean family owned. Right on the Williamson River. Showers are amazing and so clean. This is a great spot to spot in if you are passing through or need a break for a day or two. You have about 8’ from your RV door to your neighbor’s. Not much in the area to see. We will absolutely be back if we are passing through! Staff was so so friendly! Not sure about the prior reviewers experience but we did not have anything of the sort.

Awesome destination spot

RV spots are decent. Partial & full hookups. Some spots, the fire pit is right next to the neighboring trailer. There is a dump station. Boat launch. Restaurant. Good swimming beach for kids. Friendly staff. Good spot, I'd go here again.

First camp we camped in Oregon

Really nice chill camp with a lot of spots, fire pits. You can camp right by the river, only problem there are a lot of mosquitos, but hey, it's by a river

Parking, bathrooms, seasonal trails

There is no camping here, its strictly a parking lot used for bathroom use, rest area, or use of seasonal trails. If you use the trails and leave your vehicle for a long period, you must have a permit otherwise an officer will give you a ticket. There is an area to let pets out off leash and occasional pond between seasons.

Family friendly, with all the amenities.

Last year when I-5 was closed down due to the fires I had to take a detour and I was driving late at night and realized I wouldn’t make it to the next gas station along my route. I was stuck, nearly out of gas so I drove to Lake of the Woods resort and slept in the car from about 2am-5am, then walked the campground while I waited for the marina fuel pump to open. Very family friendly campground with looks like a popular lake for boaters. The staff at the store were very friendly and the coffee was delicious.

Beautiful Lake/Campground

The lake is beautiful! Perfect swimming temperature. Lots of fish from Bass, Rainbow Trout, Brook Trout. It's surprisingly clear too. The campground was very clean, there are 23 campsites. Each one has a USFS fire pit and a USFS water bucket for your fire. The site sizes are great for tent camping and trailer. Not much for firewood though. If you drive down the road a mile or so and just walk into the woods a little ways, you can find a bunch of decent firewood. Lots of shade and sun in most of the campsites. There are 4 pit toilets that they keep pretty clean. They also have drinkable water that comes from a spring at the top of the nearby mountain. There is a 1.5 mile hike around the lake that is completely paved. I took my wife and kids there for a few days and everybody loved it. We will definitely be back.

Really fun campground !!!

Fantastic campground. All types of cabins, tent, rv camping during Summer Season. Boating. Kid swim area. Little private beaches under the trees. Nice lodge restaraunt and bar. Outdoor bbq and music on weekends. Reserve ahead and driest come camping spots! Big families. Day rate parking too. I love this place.

The views almost make up for getting screamed at

I slept on the island, which was a unique experience. The camp ground was clean and very well maintained. Overall, a pleasant experience. That being said: I made my reservation over the phone on the same day. The lady was cordial and sounded nice over the phone when I let her know that I would be arriving later in the evening. However, when I arrived I was "greeted" by a man in a neon yellow shirt yelling at me from across the parking lot. He was telling me to leave and that I needed to "turn my *ss around and get off the property". This was very unsettling as a single woman traveling at night to an unknown campground. I replied to him by saying that I had a reservation. He shrugged and walked away, but continued to watch me set up camp at my designated campsite. I brought this up with the owner, and she made excuses for him (apparently he was the maintenance employee) , saying that they had been having problems with people using the campground as a park. Regardless, I suggested that they treat anyone who comes onto their property with kindness until they figure out whats going on. No paying guest should be yelled at. Ever. I will not be returning to this campground.