The best GROUP camping near
Crestwood Village , NEW JERSEY

Most Recent Crestwood Village Camping Reviews
Not bad

No one in the office so you have to check in over the phone which isn't easy with bad reception in the area.

Camp sites are close together with no privacy but decent sized. You get a table, fire ring with out a grill, water, electric, and enough room for a large cabin tent or a few small tents.

Showers are clean and have hot water. No locks on the toilet stall doors which is really weird. Playground, pool, big open fields, horseshoes, basketball hoop. No hiking trails. No pond or lake for fishing.

$50 per night

Memories

Been going here for the past few years and had some of the best times ever

I love Turkey Swamp

I am a tent camper. There is a lot to do with hiking and fishing. You can rent kayaks, row boats, paddle boats which includes life jackets. The lake is a nice size and is very nice. Very relaxing!

The bathrooms are clean and maintained throughout the day. Campsites have good layout where the firepit is - at least the ones Ive stayed in.

The only reason this is not 5 stars is the camp site conditions when it rains - and it rains every time I camp. Some site get extremely wet and hold water, or the “river runs through it”.

The check in is easy and the rangers are very kind and friendly.

Friendly management but ...

Stayed for a long weekend with the family. Management at the front office/store were very nice and welcoming. Camp sites were very tight together. The seasonal sites were a little routy but didn't keep us up too late. Kids loved the fishing pond and exploring fantasy island. Found out too late that the train only ran on the weekends, kids were pretty bummed.

Fun group site

Originally it was very hard to first locate the site, I believe it is on google maps since we went last, the welcome center will also give you coordinates to get there. The turn off is only labeled in one direction so keep an eye on both sides of the signs. The campsites are semi close together. Very sandy area. There is a little river area within the site which is fun. The composting outhouse toilets are not great. Overall was a fun weekend trip. Outdoor shower at a general store down the road.

Beautiful day

Beautiful day enjoying the day with my sweetheart picnic and kayaking and fishing enjoying the breeze off the water watching everybody else fishing off the bay and in their kayaks watching the Jetske’s and the fishing boats go by

Relaxing Weekend Floyd Bennett Field

With everything going on it’s good to beable to get away for the weekend to camping under the stars to fishing and kayaking Just enjoying the time to ourselves we all need a break every now and then just regroup and this is no better way

Rock climbing

Great hiking and nearby Ralph Stover has areas prepared for rock climbing.

COVID camping

The campground is fine. Bathrooms seemed as clean as a state park during a global pandemic can get… my frustration came with the noise level and the site I booked. Sites 14, 16, 59, and 57 (I think) all share a common area. It lacked privacy and our inconsiderate neighbors partied alllllll niggghhtttt llooonngggg as well as many other people in the South campground. After 10pm, the music volume was high and campers were LOUD. I was smart enough to bring earplugs. It's buggy… to be expected but the general vibe here was not my thing. People here just wanted to get sloshed and loud. I wanted a place to crash after hiking and going to the beach all day. 🤣 Mostly my mistake for picking the site I did from lack of familiarity of this campground. Probably will not be back, unless during the week and a more secluded site.

Was ok

Check in was easy but the roads are narrow and we had a hard time getting on to site 145. We had seasonals in front and behind us who weren’t very friendly and one woman looked annoyed we were there. Our neighboring transient campers were very nice. The campground is PACKED! Very busy with kids and golf carts-even kids driving golf carts. We didn’t take advantage of any of the activities and I heard a band playing Sat night, although it was hard to hear over the music each seasonal group seemed to be playing. If your a young party goer, than this could be a fun place. Just wasn’t our thing. We did have a great time tubing on the river. Have someone drop you off at Hawkins Bridge and float down to the campground. A little over 2 hour ride.