Gateway National Recreation Area, NEW JERSEY

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Gateway National Recreation Area Camping Reviews
Rustic

Great Camp !!! One rustic place with many hiking trails to choose from. Camp also provides trucking of gear weather permitting. No vehicles allowed to drive through camp. Trading Post for treats and other items.

Many camp sites open to rent. Cabins - Leanto - Tent Sites. Check web site for pricing.

Super awesome but be careful

I love smiths point it is so much fun and very save but please lock up your bikes cause high schoolers will go over the bridge and steal you bikes or alcohol if they aren’t locked up at night. It’s happened to me.

Variety of camping styles

I have camped Beaver Pond for the last 45 years and have found something new and better each every year I've gone to the campgrounds. I have gone from tent platform,  tent camping, tarp, and now hammock camping. The sites can be a bit tight, at times and you may find a few visitors, not necessarily on two legs, but always a delight. It's great to be among the trees away from the hustle and bustle of the city in what I consider a majestic chapel that will always welcome and embrace your presence. Something for all, swimming, camping, access to bear mountain pool, or the appalachian trails, and lean tos, (not on the camp sites).  Prices all can afford to come. Great for all types of levels of campers.

Lavender blooms!

So pleasant to sleep near the blooming fields. Campsite is tucked in the woods with. Tent camping in peace and quiet with easy access to major roads and highways to explore central NJ

Wow

One of the best places in NJ to camp. If your into kayaking, boating, fishing, camping, hiking and much more then this is the place for you. You can either hike in to a site up to 7 miles or as we did, we loaded everything onto our kayaks and took the trip straight across. The view from the beach side sites are amazing, there is plenty of space in each site and plenty of space in between sites. I highly recommend this one to anyone who is trying to get away.

fun times !

enjoyed my time there for the weekend . didn’t like that there was a checkout time and there was no reservation for that day

Peaceful

Easy to navigate our 38 ft. RV. Easy to dump and fill. Peaceful. Close to train to N. Y. City.

Nice place

Nice place enjoyed it

Beaches, historic buildings, amazing sunsets, shade trees and bike trails

This campsite has everything, several beaches,  historic building and history,  amazing sunsets ,shade trees and  very long bike trails.