Cape May, NEW JERSEY

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Cape May Camping Reviews
Great place.

Very friendly staff and always willing to go the extra mile. Bathrooms are clean, a number of activities are always scheduled. A short drive to the Wildwood or Cape May beach. I love Beachcomber.

Family tradition

My wife’s family has been camping here for 30+ years. So it’s a must for us every year. It’s a nice campground that has been investing in upgrades over the last few years. A few years ago they added a pirate themed splash pad by the pool and last year they unveiled a brand new mini golf course. Bathhouses are very clean and updated. They have a Great swimming Lake with a huge sandy beach.

Loved it!

Friendly staff. Nice bathroom and shower facilities.

Went in the blazing heat of the summer. Mosquitoes and other insects well controlled in camping area and near nature center. Eaten alive by critters on back side of trail.

Nice family campground

We stayed here for two nights during a three day trip to Rehoboth beach. Very reasonably priced and had a lot for the kids to do. It’s a short drive to the beach and close to the major road with all the restaurants and stores. Pool and bathrooms were well maintained. I would stay here again if in the area.

Fun

Super fun for kids with water park and Wild West show. Some sites aren’t the best but we got lucky

Destination: History and Beaches

Campground overview: We visited here in the third week in April. This is a private campground located about 6 miles from Cape May Point and about 4 miles from the beaches. If you are looking at this area to camp- then you know this is an area of lots of history from the WWII lookout tower and lighthouse to the hawk watch observatory.and everything in between. You will not be bored here!

Lots of construction work was going on while we were here in preparation for their busy season which begins Memorial Day Weekend for the region. We were not bothered by this.

There is a small lake (with swimming area) that is stocked for fishing and the overall feel of this park is tranquil. There is a rec center, activity center, tennis courts, 3 pickle ball courts, playgrounds and pool to name a few things. This is off season so the campground did not have the usual KOA bustle and feel of a summer camp for adults.

Campsite : This is a well kept up park with plenty of wooded and shady sites that are a firm gravel and very level. Easy in and out of the park with our 40 feet of Rig. We had a premium pull thru site site with picnic table, grill, porch swing and patio table set along with a large concrete patio. (*note-placement of the sewer necessitated an extension to reach when we aligned our rig with the concrete patio.)

Activities close to park: In addition to the campground activities which are plentiful, the Cape May Bike trail is directly across the street. If you go right, you will be in a very active shopping center area in about 2.4 miles and if you go left you are on your way to the beaches in 4 miles.

The Cape May Ferry is only 4.4 miles away and could be a fun day trip because it will take you to Rebooth and you can explore Cape Henolpen State Park for the day . (We actually took our RV on the Ferry to our next campground) and that successful adventure will be documented at another time.

My take away for this campground is that it is a great location to explore the area and you even have the option of additional day trips in a way that you may not always get to experience….Ferry rides are fun!

Here is a great website that informs you of all the activities the area has to offer from Polar Plunges to wine and brewery trails.

Happy Camping! Pamela and Keith

Great park

Very family friendly park. Close proximity to the beach. Lots of family friendly activities. Full stocked camp store.

Clean, Friendly and Perfect

I really could not figure any negatives to put for the review. The camping resort was clean and flawless. We stayed for the Halloween Weekend and loved it so much we are going part-time seasonal there next year. This is a place where kids can be kids!

Relaxing and beautiful

We had a great last camping trip of the season at this State Park. There are 6 loops with 10 sites in each and then a primitive camp area. The loops are small and sites are close but I didn’t feel cramped and many sites were angled in a way that you weren’t staring at your neighbors camper or tent. We were in D 05 and had a view of the pond through the fall foliage. Our relatives had site 02 and felt cramped but I thought it was fine. All sites had electric and water! The trail around the lake was awesome with some slight inclines but mostly flat. There were short spurs to scenic spots of the pond. Total walked was 4 miles. The trail is just behind the loops so it was easy access. There was a Nature center that was beautiful. They offer boat rentals but that was closed. There was a hayride and bonfire on Saturday night but we didn’t go. A very large field is across from the loops where kids could play. Bathhouses were large with 4 stalls and 4 showers. Firewood is sold at entrance $6/bundle. Store was small. Staff was very friendly. I took pics and video of loop D only.

Beautiful Delaware scenery

Ranger Review: HeadSpin Convertible Light System at Trap Pond State Park

Campground Review:

We enjoy camping in the off or shoulder season more than peak because the campgrounds are quieter, however, sometimes this means we cannot enjoy the full amenities a place has to offer. At Trap Pond, we missed being able to rent a canoe, kayak, or paddleboat by a week. Free bike rentals were still available (donations accepted) so we were able to take a ride around the pond (about 4.5 miles). There are four loops plus cabins and yurts. All sites appeared level and some have a view of the pond. Bathhouses were very clean, including the showers. When we were there, they were delivering a new bath and shower facility to one of the loops. Although I did not check it out, there is also a laundry facility. The camp staff was extremely friendly and helpful and there is also a small store for t-shirts and essentials. We only stayed for one night but would definitely consider returning at a time when we could rent a boat to be able to see the Cypress trees up close.

----------------------------------

Product Review:

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I have the awesome opportunity to occasionally test products. At this campground, we tested the HeadSpin Convertible Light System by Headspin Outdoors. The first thing I noticed when I unboxed my HeadSpin was how compactly it was fit into its semi-hard, zippered carrying case. That said, however, if packing space is at a premium, you may want to decide which elements you want to use before taking a trip to reduce what you pack. Although intuitive to figure out how to use, there were no instructions (maybe missing from mine?). Because of this, I was not sure when the unit was fully charged (the green light was flashing and did not change to solid, but the unit seemed to be charged). We travel in a campervan, so we have USB and electric charging capabilities while camped but if you are tent camping, make sure everything is charged before you leave home (or, if you are driving a distance to your campground, you can charge it in your car using the USB port). Assuming the flashing green light indicates it is charged, this process did not take very long.

There is one light that can be attached to three base options: flashlight, headlamp, and bicycle mount. There are three light strength options, as well as a wide or narrow beam, and a strobe setting. The light is attached via magnets and I found it very easy to attach and detach the light from the different mounts. We also used the light as a stand-alone magnetic mount on our van door and on the metal lantern post; making the magnet system very versatile.

I have a favorite flashlight I have used for over 10 years, so it was going to take a lot to convince me to change. I was very pleased with the HeadSpin flashlight– it is very lightweight and easy to hold, however, a strap would be helpful. My husband thought the strap was necessary since the handle was so slender (this was a plus for my smaller hands!). Also, there was a warning in the packaging about how strong the light is and not to place it face down while on. Because of the design of the flashlight, I would likely have done this, so this warning was good to include.

We had recently used headlamps on a guided trip and had considered buying them to add to our supplies, so I eagerly looked forward to trying this one out. Although it worked fine, it was a bit bulkier/heavier than the headlamp I recently used. I used it to go to the restroom and to cook dinner and wash dishes in the dark; the more I used it, the more comfortable I became with it.

We don’t travel/camp with bicycles, so we were not able to try this mount. I rarely bike at night (if I can help it!) so not sure I would use this option, but it is a good addition, as I know many do bike in the dark.

Overall, I really liked giving the HeadSpin a try. I loved the flashlight, and the packaging is top-rate, however, it is pricey, so it is an investment. Picking up a battery-operated flashlight to find the batteries were dead would convince me it is worth the price! I think campers who like gadgets will like this product very much.