About Camp Taylor Campground
$33.00 - $42.00
Private
Camp Taylor Campground is located in New Jersey
6 Reviews of Camp Taylor Campground
Small and woodsy (and wolfy!)

Camp Taylor is a small and woodsy campground. Each site a decent amount of space and privacy which was nice. They have a welcome store with some rocking chairs out front if you want to relax away from your campsite. I would say the definite highlight and attraction for staying at Camp Taylor, though, is signing up to go see the rescue wolves. Unfortunately we did not do this because the timing did not work out. If I ever am back in the area I will definitely try to make that happen though!

Perfect for tent camping

This is not one of those resort campgrounds. It has minimal amenities. However, if you are looking to tent camp at a great location, it’s perfect. The tent camping area is separate so no loud noises from RVs. The sites are spacious and separated by trees so you really feel connected to nature. I love hearing the wolves and being so close to great hiking trails. Highly recommended. It’s my favorite drive-in tent campground in NJ.

Beautiful, woodsy, tranquil

Campsites are nice and large, can hold multiple tents. They request the purchase of another site if you have more then two tents, but then you can put all tents on one site and cook and hang out in the other. We have a beautiful site along the creek, perfect white noise to get a great night sleep. Very woodsy so you definitely are in the woods. The camp ground is connected to the wolf preserve so you can hear them howl if you listen. Only bad thing is their general store is more of a gift shop and does not really cater to the needs of a camper. I prefer if I forget something like creamer for my coffee or cups that are not styrofoam I would prefer to walk into the camp store note have to go to Walmart. I’m camping getting away from that. Anyway I highly recommend this campground for a relaxing kick back and enjoyable, peaceful time! You have to buy their wood you can’t bring any in, they are trying to keep the lantern flies away. $5 bundle for 7 pieces.

Dog friendly campground

We stayed here because it was the only dog friendly campground in the area. We would have loved to see the wolf preserve at the camp, but dogs weren’t allowed in that part of the camp so we missed it. Campground is close to the AT.

A beautiful forested campground with plenty of wildlife and birds.

Easy access from Rt 80 and located close to the Lakota Wolf Preserve. With tours leaving them campground twice a day on both Saturday and Sundays for the wolf preserve, I was glad there was camping so close. The camping selection of sites is excellent with Cabins, Glamping tents, primitive tent sites and of course RV sites. I choose to stay in one of the glamping tents and was pleasantly surprised at the space inside the tent even with a double bed and two other fold out couches to beds. Water is available at the site. A small lake for swimming and boating. And lots of trails linking you to the Delaware river water gap area.

back to nature

Camp Taylor Campground is located on the Delaware Water Gap Mtn. There are miles of hiking trails and direct access to the Appalachian Tr. The Lakota Wolf Preserve is located on the camp and offers discounted tours for campers. Small swimming pond with paddleboat and kayak rentals. Clean Bathrooms. We walked to the point at Mt Tammany for a great view of the river