Camping in Grimes Mill

Grimes Mill, Missouri

Recent Walk-In Reviews Near Grimes Mill, Missouri

164 Reviews of 26 Grimes Mill, Missouri Campgrounds

love this place

this is a fairly new area. there isn't much shade. the owners are great. it's right on the water. full hookups concert pull thru pads.

Mike M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Great place

Although this is adjacent to the Interstate exit (and therefore more noisy for a Sportsmobile tent camper), it was excellent and we’d stay there again. The cement pads, clean picnic table and immaculate bathrooms, with separate private showers, were welcome after a long travel day.

You can’t go…

• From the office/shower/laundry entrance
K

Beautiful primitive campsites

The sites are private and shaded, lots of trees. Sites are right on the river so you can hear it rushing as you fall asleep. Beautiful scenery with good hiking nearby. Sites are first come, first served, but so worth the risk! We LOVED it!!

Michaela L.

Limited Room

Great Stay, lots of people and we had some trouble backing our camper up but we were happy with our stay.

DThe Dyrt PRO User

Good setting

Friendly owners trying to improve a nice little site. Pretty little setting with a pond and babbling brook. Recently renovated bathrooms that still feel like a campground. We would stay there again.

J
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

An absolute favorite RV Park

My husband has been going to Montauk for over 40 years. He taught me to trout fish here. We both love to come back year after year. This is not only one of the most beautiful RV parks I’ve ever been to, but one of the friendliest all around !

Tom C.
Reviewed May. 10, 2021

Unexpectedly great

Located right off the highway, I thought to pass it by. My mistake. Friendly staff held my registration from the road. Check in was quick and all my questions on local activites were answered cheerfully. The bathrooms, showers and laundry were immaculate. A true gem.

H
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2021

Friendly staff, great amenities

The campground hosts right at the front (I didn’t get their names) were so friendly and helpful! We had a travel trailer but opted to use their showers. Very clean and well maintained. Campground officials patrolled the area regularly but seemed very lenient (within reason of course). We walked…

L
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Nice place away from the crowds on the strip!

My first time at this specific campground was when I was only ten days old in mid March, 1974! But I never get bored of being here as there is numerous of things to do. Of course relaxing with nothing to do is also an option because it is just so nice out here, My kids sure love it here too as I…

H
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2021

Beautiful and peaceful RV Park

Great RV Park with shaded sites. Convenient to the Laura Ingalls Wilder museum.

Kristen A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2021

Amazing staff

My only real problem is the Porta potties where kinda far from the electric sites and upkeep. There were no showers, nice ponds to fish and I did catch a few nice sized bass. Staff was super nice and friendly.

Kristen A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 24, 2021

Amazing.

Simply an amazing camp ground with amazing volunteers. Amazing fishing but you gotta get up early to get a trout tag

David W.
Reviewed Mar. 14, 2021

Quiet in the spring

I was just there during spring break. I was the only tent camper. Maybe 8 RVs or so out of nearly 150 campsites. It was nice and quiet. Beautiful scenery—able to camp with a view of the lake. Each site has a table, fire ring and lantern hook. The water was off until the end of March but luckily the…