Camper submitted image from Montrose Missouri Conservation Area Dispersed Camping - 1
Camper submitted image from Montrose Missouri Conservation Area Dispersed Camping - 2
Nature
Camper submitted image from Montrose Missouri Conservation Area Dispersed Camping - 3
Water
Camper submitted image from Montrose Missouri Conservation Area Dispersed Camping - 4
Camping
Camper submitted image from Montrose Missouri Conservation Area Dispersed Camping - 5
Roads

Reservation Info

None

Suggest an Edit

The Dyrt Alerts

Get reservations at sold-out campgrounds.

• Drive-In
    Park next to your site
  • Walk-In
    Park in a lot, walk to your site.

Stay Connected

• WiFi
  • Verizon
    Good
  • AT&T
  • T-Mobile

9 Reviews

Megan C.
Reviewed Jan. 20, 2024

Decent spot

It was quiet. We enjoyed our stay. I read about the black cat that was found there in the other review. It was still there when we camped in late December and quite hungry. Very friendly and needing love. We brought him home with us and he is the most amazing cat. Took a while to get litter trained but I’m glad we opened up our home to him before the bad weather got here. Thanks to this site, we found our new family member! Thanks to whoever posted.

Month of VisitJanuary
  • Review photo of Montrose Missouri Conservation Area Dispersed Camping by Megan C., January 20, 2024
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2023

I Made a Kittah Friend

There is a super sweet local cat who befriended me here and made my visit so much better. I had some mechanical issues with my car and Kampground Kittah tried to help. 🤣

Bathrooms were fine. It’s free camping so it was great that there were bathrooms at all.

One of the locals stopped by my site to look for arrowheads. Apparently, she has found a lot in the area so that’s a good activity if the kids are bored.

If you’re looking for a good wine, you can find some at the local auto parts store. I am not kidding! I think it’s Rick’s Auto Parts and their liquor is priced very reasonably. 😄 If your car’s broken down and you can’t drive, I guess you might as well drink and Rick’s there to help you out with both. 🤣

Siteopen
  • Review photo of Montrose Missouri Conservation Area Dispersed Camping by Andi P., August 28, 2023
Lee F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 6, 2023

Stinky toilet

Large grassy area with plenty of room to set up a tent or camper. Right off the road, so no dirt roads to traverse. Signs were confusing as to whether it is ok to camp, but they didn't explicitly say no camping. The lake is really just a mud bog, so not very appealing unless you came to duck hunt. No picnic tables or fire pits. The pit toilet was really gross, but there was toilet paper.

Montrose Missouri Conservation Area Dispersed Camping is located in Missouri