Mark Twain Lake, MISSOURI

Camping Missouri Mark Twain Lake
Most Recent Mark Twain Lake Camping Reviews
Camp,cave,and winery!

Clean hot showers, nuff said.

Small but very nice snack shop that serves cold and hot sandwiches. They will deliver your meal to the winery, nice touch. The winery also had live music hat wasn’t loud and shut down early. The grounds is only 2 miles outside of Hannibal and is walkable if fit. My buddy and I walked in but took Uber back.

Nice place.

Nice campground, bit overpriced

Nice clean campground. We were in off season with pool being closed etc… thought prices were too high for not having any amenities. One bath house was very dirty. I told front desk and they said well it’s going to close soon for the winter. I still think they should keep it cleaned until it’s closed. We did like the nice rv sites though.

Very nice place!

Very clean, great restrooms, clean. Has laundry room. Nice level sites.

Always a good time

This is one of my favorite places to fish and picnic that is close to home. It is quiet and always clean. The camp sites are well kept and the shower/bathroom facilities are always clean. Worst part is that many of the dirt bike/ATV guys riding the trails out there are obnoxious with their bikes.

Army Corps of Engineers sute

Very quiet and beautiful here. We are on site 93 with a partial view of the Mark Twain lake. Had to use blocks site goes down hill. Stayed 2 nights for $18 total with National senior pass. Electric hookup only. 91 degrees needed fan air movement. Water and dump are $24 a night. They also have tent camping.

Needs to shut down and investigated for all the cover up murders

Son was murdered , it was covered up as an alleged drowning . Haven't , yet to receive Reports from Missouri State Highway Patrol on son's death . Ralls County Sheriff Department wouldn't let me file a police report or neglect charges on my son behalf  , due to death from Michelle Fierge and her children , when I have messages and voice recordings that they killed my son in the woods of Mark Twain Lake , then threw him in the Lake .

Awesome spot!

This is an Army Corps spot which are our favorites to stay in. Sites were large, level and easy to back into. Facilities were clean. There is a marina with an ice cream shop and the kids can feed the fish. We found a few trails that led to the lake which was a lot of fun. The only downside is that there was no place to swim. All in all, we really liked Ray Behrens!

Quiet and relaxed

very nice easy access very quiet grat ammenities

Great tent and Camper site

This is the most common place my friends and family camp at for Mark Twain Lake. Very clean and well kept. The kids bike around on the pavement and play in the little park. Great access to a few coves too. Very close to Black Jack Marina and a boat launch.

Maybe ok for RVs

We camped in a couple of cabins years ago and weren’t too fond of them. These were the older cabins in the back with the RVs. Very thin walled. The place had a sewer smell but I heard they were fixing it.

Very clean park

Very well kept park with lots of fishing areas.

Ranger Review: GCI Outdoor Master Cook Station at Mark Twain State Park

Campground Review:

Mark Twain state Park is an absolute blast. approximately 30 minutes from Hannibal MO this park sits on Mark Twain Lake. Several hiking trails in the area will get you in touch with nature and an abundance of deer. Large playgrounds in the camping area's as well as visitor center areas. All loops in this park have electric and basic sites. No water hookups aside from host sites. Best part is all shower houses fairly new. We never located any vault toilets but found all three loops had their own shower house.

Park has a boat ramp with ample parking and if you have better luck than I did a fish cleaning station. While having a boat ramp close may be a deterrent it was rare to have much boat noise with the tall trees surrounding these large private sites.

We stayed in site 76 in puma loop which was a sloping site but it was massive. The lots on either side of ours were similar in layout but much more level. 76 also has a path to the waterfront which we utilized daily.

It rained on us for most of our stay we found Mark twain state park to be well worth the trip.

Product Review:

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get products to test from time to time- today I am testing the GCI Outdoors Master Cook Station.

While looking at GCIOutdoors.com for the right item for my family to try out we were amazed at the function of their site.  We were able to compare multiple items flawlessly and despite  much debate locate an item we believed may reduce our overall need to pack everything including the kitchen sink. The cook station didn't immediately jump off the page for my wife. She had her heart set on a new rocker chair of which GCI Outdoors has an amazing selection. However, I was able to win her over after pointing out the endless options the Master Cook Station (AKA My Kitchen) Offers.

My Kitchen provides functionality as a table, a cook top, a drying rack, food storage, and does so taking up the same amount of space as a folding chair. Our first night in camp the dreaded dinner bell began ringing and my loving wife walked over to our new kitchen. After cooking, plating, and eating from this beast she looked at me and said, "Never again will I doubt your decision making about anything." (or at least thats how I remember it.) She actual was really impressed how this cook station had taking the stress out of meal time. With a built in sink we were able to cook, eat, and clean from a singular location and when done we could either fold it up and tuck it away or use it for evening activities.

As a pop up camper space is always limited and at a premium. The GCI Outdoor Master Cook Station not only met our expectations it surpassed them. This swiss army table will be a must have among all of our friends and the high quality of this product tells me that we will get to show it off for quite some time.

Great little retreat

Have stayed here several times nice little place new owners have made a lot of improvements has inground pool small fishing pond play area for kids fence dog area nice walking trails will definitely stay there again

Cozy little park

Nice campgrounds clean and well kept. Camp hosts are exceptionally nice and courteous. Easy access from major highway. Have stayed here several times in the past 10 years

Great place!

I’ve camped and hiked at Siloam Springs several times. Great hiking trails for all ages. Nice hiking loop for backpacking camping. Had a great time taking a scout troop out on the lake. I actually haven’t fished it much but everyone around here loves to catch trout there.

Nice park

We enjoy this park, nice hiking trails and lake. Also has a camp store and boat rentals.

Excellent campground

Well maintained campground with clean restrooms, we love camping here.

Very nice

We stayed in a 20 ft. Trailer. To reach the camping area you travel about 3 miles down a gravel road. We saw deer, racoons and rabbits. We heard turkey and coyote. The area can accommodate about 6 campers there is also a place for tents. There is a pit toilet but no other amenities. There are several small lakes-ponds to fish in.

Quiet

Nice quiet CG. Small lake and good fishing

Nice little place

Nice quite campground. Very clean and park hosts are great! Wonderful trails and streams throughput the park.

Nice little state park close to civilization

A rainy weekend didn't deter campers from spending the holiday weekend here at Finger Lakes State Park. I was lucky enough to get a site for a single night when rain was in the forecast. The campground is laid out in a series of small loops, with some loops in open grassy areas and others tucked into the trees. I had my pick between a site in either situation and so I picked the trees to get some shade. Sites are fairly close together, so you will get to know your neighbors. There is one nice and modern bathhouse with showers on one side and bathrooms on the other. It was very clean and well maintained, and they are in the process of putting in an additional concrete walkway. Over in the grassy loop there was an additional basic bathroom.

There is lots to do in this park if you are into canoeing/kayaking or ORVing as there are several marked trails for both. If you are a hiker, welllllll, not as much available here. There is a nice mountain biking and hiking trail, but you can still hear all of the ORV's running the many trails specific to ORVing. There is also a Motocross track with nice stands if you like to watch. Canoes and kayaks are available for rent (stop by and see the rangers near the entrance) and there are a couple of marked trails to take you from lake to lake.

Ranger Review Grubstick at Slate and Wild Roses Campground

Campground Review: I used the Reservation System on TheDyrt.com to secure a night here during the holiday weekend when may other campgrounds were booked solid. I had no problems using the system and was pleased to know I had a spot on one of the busiest weekends in May. The campground hosts, Brian and Kristina were awesome. I emailed them to give an arrival time and ended up having a phone conversation to get specific directions and info. They couldn't have been more helpful or nice. They were on site when I arrived and spent time showing me the property and possible campsites. Due to recent rains and expected heavy rains, I picked a site along the tree line on top of an open hilltop. They brought me a huge fire pit as well as dry wood and pointed out where I could find even more wood if I needed it. As the evening wore on I heard barred owls and coyotes, as well as the nearby cows. The fireflies came out at dark and gave me an impressive show. Because this is true dispersed camping currently, you can set up camp anywhere on the property. Just know that rain will affect your ability to navigate the farm road which is gravel to a point and then a dirt two track that disappears and reappears in between the wild roses and grasses. If you are familiar with "gumbo" dirt, you will understand that it will be tricky to bring anything but four wheel drive if it might rain. We had some crazy hard rain overnight and Brian and Kristina thoughtfully checked in via phone in the morning. There is lots to explore on the property and nearby: there are 80 wild acres of treed and logged land to bushwhack and explore that eventually will have some trails to hike, including a pretty creek to dip your toes in. Nearby are state parks, conservation areas, and national forests. Brian and Kristina are working on developing relationships with nearby outfitters for floating, canoeing, and kayaking on local rivers as well.

Product Review: From time to time I get to test out new products as a Dyrt Ranger. This trip I got to test out Grub Stick's Deluxe Kit https://grubstick.com. After this trip I can confidently say I have a new cooking tool to keep in my camp kitchen. The telescoping handle works great with all of the attachments, easily screwing in and staying secure while cooking (even while turning to cook various items over the fire). I used the Grub Forks to cook Italian sausages and the Grub Cage to cook veggies for dinner as well as the forks for cooking bacon for breakfast. I liked how the bacon grease dripped off the forks right into the fire, reducing cleanup. I also used the GrubTube to bake crescent rolls over the fire for breakfast. I was concerned the bread wouldn't cook all the way through, but everything cooked completely and without me needing to char the outside to get results. The Grub Stick tools cleaned up easily with the help of the Release Tool, and having the silicone trivet was handy when the telescoping stick was still hot from the fire. The Deluxe kit comes in a sturdy carrying bag that easily fits in my camp kitchen tote.

Steez

Shit was dank kid.

Nice little place

It’s a campground sorta

More like a parking lot in the middle of an atv/gun range park.

Lakes are awesome water accessible in multiple areas. Campsites are close and used primarily by off road enthusiast. Loud and constant coming and going. Groups get wild at night.

Great for kayaking and fishing.

Great weekend retreat

Nice quiet relaxing. Owners very helpful and friendly

Free camping and boats. Fish Hatchery, Lake.

Another cool find in Missouri. Lake in Conservation Area. Doesn't offer much but it was a bit out of the way. Campground was free. Sites are close together. Some spots more shaded than others. They had rowboats and canoes you could paddle around in. You just needed your own life jacket. The boats were free. There was a shelter with picnic tables by the lake. I like hiking and wished there was a trail that went all around the lake but was only able to go a partial, short way. Still a nice place to stay. Quiet. Looked like there was a ranger station there and fish hatchery but it was closed the two days we were there. So I don't know what all was in the building. Clean pit toilets. Lots of ducks on the lake.

Nice family fun but pricey.

Great for a family with kids of all ages. The activities are not all day, so plan on some campside entertainment before 10am and after 6pm. Lake blow ups are included in price, but you must have a life vest. Bring your own to save money. Very clean and there is always a campground employee around if you need help. Well worth it if you plan ahead for the extra fees.

Quite and easy

Easy hike up to the cave and very clean and peaceful sites. The family has been going for years