About Saint Louis West / Historic Route 66 KOA
KoA
Saint Louis West / Historic Route 66 KOA is located in Missouri
7 Reviews of Saint Louis West / Historic Route 66 KOA
Decent Campground, Very Close to Six Flags

Decent campground. The site we had was very small and there are train tracks that run near by the campground so it can be quite noisy. The pool is nice as well as the bathrooms and showers. It is basically across the street from Six Flags and so can be very convenient.

Close to Six Flags

Pool. Showers. Movies. Camping.

Close to Six flags yet far enough away you aren’t hearing it.

It was clean. Easily accessible.

LEDLENDSER MH10 and KOA Route 66 review

Campground review:

Once googling local campsites at the last minute for a weekend getaway with both dogs, we came route 66 campground. They have a dog park, rv hookup sites, electric tent sites and primitive sites. We stayed at a primitive tent site with both dogs. Site t13, which unfortunately was one of the very few camp spots with zero trees so we're unable to use our hammock. (Most of the other sites had great trees for hammock setups). Other amenities on the campground included a heated pool, bike rentals, basketball courts, a country store for firewood, supplies, and gift shop. Needless to say this was not a "roughing" it type campground. For the dogs though, we were right across from the creek to take them down to play. Also, kids were catching crawdads! Great campsite that is pet friendly and very family friendly!

Product review:

Ledlenser mh10

This headlamp first of all comes with a 7 year warrantly(must register the product)! On top of that all these features: a rechargeable battery with a USB port. Rapid focus system with 2 tough button on headlamp to adjust lighting. The strap is very easy to adjust and fit to comfort, lightweight despise the battery pack attached to the headlamp. The lighting is phenomenal! You also get a green and red additional glass lense that you can screw into the front of your lense for any activity and not disturb others with a bright white light. Me, howsoever, I was able to on this camping trip, use the headlamp to continue to play a game of cornhole… and winter, might I add.. thanks to my headlamp for optimal vision;). Included are some pictures of how bright and fitting the headlamp is. I was highly impressed! Never once did it slip… which I have struggled with in many headlamps that it seems the lamp is too heavy and slowly makes its way down your forehead. The Ledlenser stays in place and is very comfortable! Also, doesn't leave that weird band line on your head… at least I didn't experience it like I have on others. Very impressed overall!

KOA Eureka, MO

This KOA had lots of stuff to do, but I was only here driving through one night. The campsites are lovely and flat. This place is right beside Six Flags. I would def stay here if I was going to Six Flags. We were in town to visit the City Museum, which is the most fun ever. Bath houses weren't memorable, but the KOA shops has everything you need.

Close to 6 Flags

This was our first campground in the St. Louis area and proved to be in a fantastic location. We tent camp and the setting was great with a nice stream and cliff walls close to the campground. We walked to 6 Flags which wasn't to tough but took maybe 30 minutes. We also used it as a base camp to explore St. Louis. Everyone at the park is friendly and accommodating which makes a return trip likely in our future if we are in that area again.

KOA Missouri

We decided to try out KOA to compare the differences to Jellystone. It seems like the pricing was pretty similar and the cabins are nice at both. I guess it's a toss up.

Great Times At The KOA

It was me, my husband, 2 kids, my father in law and the family dog. We stayed at a tent site. It was nice and clean. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The kids loved the playground and pool. We all enjoyed the bike rentals and can't wait to come stay again. Thank you a great time. :)