Springfield, MISSOURI

Camping Missouri Springfield

Most Recent Springfield Camping Reviews
Clean facilities

This is an Army Corp campground and as such it is right on the water. Camped here with family in August. Restroom and bath house facilities are a bit small for the campgrounds size but we found them to be reasonably clean during our stay. Has it’s own beach area but no life guards. You’ll also want to pack water shoes as the beach is gravel. Table Rock Lake is beautiful. Only minor gripe is the water station near our site put out barely a trickle of water with the spigot open. Price for amenities is hard to beat.

Place for child pedophilia that's forsure

TTbis place is riddled with 5 current tenants that live here they are child pedophilia lovers…

Trailer 15

30 and I believe it was trailer 35 as well

Sites are SMALL and park not well kept

We were going to buy the resort package until we went to this campground. The sites were small(some spaces were so small my husband couldn't even get his truck into the spot easily), no noise ordinance and campground was not very kept up. The other thing is that they say they are much safer than public RV parks because it's a private entity, but they will let anybody stay a few nights if you're willing to listen to the sales pitch. I know for a fact the people that were in the next sight (our awning almost touched the hook-up side of neighbors RV), he told my husband he was a felon 7 times for violent crimes and he had to register as a sex offender. He was 2 sites from the pool. That didn't make us feel safe. At least with public parks, you don't get a false sense of security. Here they sell the safety issue of the private resort and one of their sales points. Also if you don't buy into one of their memberships, they begin to call you moochers the rest of the weekend. Also picnic table was so off balance because the deck was so uneven that when you sat on the end it would actually throw you off onto the ground. I still have scars. also the park is so crammed that strange people will just hang out very close to your campsite

Popular campground

The Rv sites are very crowded and no extra space to park your car or boat. Bathroom and bathhouse is nice. It’s a nice place to camp if you don’t mind having close neighbors.

Camping on the hill

This camp ground is located on a hill over looking Stockton Lake. There is a very nice boat launch ramp in the camp ground. Lots of shade! Good place to go when lake level is high.

Nice lake side camp ground

I enjoy camping here because the sites are spacious. The lake is clear and has good fishing. The bath houses leave a little to be desired. You have drive half a mile to get to them.

Perfect for Our Needs

Stayed in campsite #5 in a rooftop tent. Level spot. Heavily shaded. Lots of trees for hammocks. Immediate access to the lake from this site for our kayaks. Short distance from bathrooms/shower house. Plenty of showers and bathrooms (both family style and community style options available). We were there in mid July and we had a pleasant cool breeze off the lake and not much of an insect problem. The only negative issue we had was that the fire ring hadn’t been cleaned out in a while. We had a ton of ashes we had to clear out ourselves just to be able to build a fire and as we walked around we noticed other fire rings were much the same. Some even had a lot of trash left in them. Also sketchy cell service and check in time is 6:00 pm which is kind of late. Overall, though, a great experience!

Nice place for big rig

We were able to get a spot the same day as our request. RV spots are able to accommodate a 44 foot coach. Gravel parking and level. Good Full hookups. Sprint has strong signal. Also has a RV wash area.

Great family campground

We spent our first weekend at HVO. We stayed in the danceyard camp site with 30 amp electric only and plenty of trees. The newer RV sites have full hookups but no shade. Quiet hours run 10pm-7am which was nice for my young daughters. HVO does allow golf carts so you have to watch out for those zooming around. The camp store is amazing. They have a full menu including pizza for those days that you’re too tired to cook. The gravel bar was nice and close to our site. However the gravel bar isn’t huge so make sure to show up early to get a prime spot. Not a necessity for me but I did have full LTE on Verizon.

My family and I will definitely return in the future.

Branson get away

Only 4 miles from Branson, Table Rock Lake state park is a great place to stay. Most campsites are shaded, modern shower houses, nice blacktop walking trail 4 miles long, goes all the way to the visitors center at the dam, great for bicycles also. Plenty of things to do in this area if desired or lay back and enjoy the quite Ozark woods