Equestrian
Hike In
Sam A Baker State Park is located in Missouri
21 Reviews of Sam A Baker State Park
scenic

Stopped after long drive, was further from highway than I thought but well worth the drive,, crystal clear water, October water was low but color change was starting, needed electric, showers n dump on long road trip, was a nice stop.

Quiet and over grown

I attempted the Mudlick trail all was great until I got to the 3rd hiking shelter everything was overgrown with poison ivy. I needed up setting up my hammock and just staying until morning since I got on the trail late. Which I wouldn’t recommend due to the high traffic of wildlife.

All that you need!

This is a great little state park that has plenty of options whether you enjoy tent camping or enjoying your Rv. Some of the144-151 sites can be pretty tight to get into because there are so many trees so double check the pictures on the reservation website to make sure you can get yours in. Ours is 40’ and it was pretty hard to get in but we managed. Nice shower facilities and laundry as well as river access within walking distance

Great Family campground.

Very well maintained and clean campsites. We always enjoy coming here. The shut-in is a little walk but a very nice hidden jem, if you don’t mind the hike.

Great State Park!!!

Great river access, nice little store, good price!!

Really nice park

We spent four days at the park with friends during the higher rain and very, high river. I have never seen the river through the park so high to the top of the banks. The park as usual was yet maintained in almost perfect conditions, staff was very nice. We spent time walking around the park, relaxing and just talking. The only slight below norms was their wifi was very poor and didn't work half the time so that angered some campers but didn't bother us one bit, we don't go into the woods not to watch tv anyway.

Perfect for family camping

We love it here. Sites that can accommodate tents and/or RVs. Its clean and well maintained. Multiple access points to the water. Educational programs and entertainment of some sort most every weekend. Pet friendly.

Could be a great spot........

While clean the major problem is the total lack of both cell phone (five miles away you can call) and the usual silly wifi setup.  Next comes the river facts…..shallow as in ankle deep most of the time.  Cool at flood stage at a depth of four feet over most of the park run.  Oh almost forgot the standing in sewage water at the dump station.  Overflowing tanks just before the Memorial Day holiday------sound odd to you too?  Friday before at ten in the morning….

Did see a sewage tanker truck going toward the park as we were heading out to 67------guess my timing was off again.

Was very still and a good camping set up except for the wifi and lack of ability to connect with the outside world.  Problem finding a satellite able spot but there are a few with a clear south view.

Beautiful water lots of neighbors

Sam A Baker is an amazing state park. Great access to water and awesome landscapes. There’s lots of hiking available but we spent most of our time in the water. You can actually tube from one end of the park by the visitor center to the boat ramp on the other end. Sites are fairly close in some areas and on top of each other in others. All in all loved our stay an we will be back.

Loved this camp

There are several places to access the river and the site we stayed at was very spacious(note not all sites are).