Harry S. Truman Lake, MISSOURI

Camping Missouri Harry S. Truman Lake
Most Recent Harry S. Truman Lake Camping Reviews
Soso camp spot

Spending labor day weekend for the 1st time here and I'd say the shower floors really need to be redone before someone gets hurt. Also wish they would clean the bathroom and showers everyday. We have crappy neighbors right now playing loud music coming into our campsite and being disrespectful. Told the park ranger but not sure if he said anything to them. Would I come back? Probably but definitely not on a holiday weekend. Over all it is a pretty little campground

Great vacation

Great experience. Access to camping ground was little difficult. It was gravel road but it was very steep hill (very common in this area). Campground had private lake with boat rentals, mini golf pool. Our site was maybe 30 yards from the water.

Waterfront Camping!

Pomme de Terre is one of our favorite Missouri campgrounds.  Most spots are lakefront on an uncommercialized lake. I fish from a kayak and was never overwhelmed by boats and the fishing is fantastic. Camp spots are clean, has shower house and clean bathrooms.  There are two swim beaches and boat ramps, also has a marina to rent boats if you would like.

Loved the hike!

The only down side about going when we did was that the lake was up so no swimming. But we went for a awesome hike.

Pretty but needs help

The camping areas are pretty but there’s no water access from camp sites. Also plan to walk to the bathrooms or plan to hear people walking by all night headed to the bathrooms. Lots of tree coverage so every site is shaded almost entirely, but that means lots of sticks that have to be cleared before tent camping.

Peaceful and easy lake access.

Great state park and campground.

Peaceful and easy lake access.

Great state park and campground.

Don't go on Monday and Tuesday!!!!

Don't go there on a Monday or Tuesday!!!! We camp here all the time and enjoy it. We went on Monday and it was the first time meeting the new part time camp host. We pulled up and there was a grumpy old man sitting on the bench would not wave or smile, the lady inside the both opened the window and just looked at us. We asked if there was any tent camping and she said in a short snippy voice for how many night. No welcome to Crabtree or great day!  So the only site was 29 we pull in and look around  put a few things on the table to hold that site and down comes grumpy ( Ray Millard) told us all the things we couldn't do. That he was the host and we were not following his rules .  We drove on the road pass the cones to turn around and we would have to pay if we did any damage.  We were on the road !!!! There was no water or damage to anything.  He was just being a jerk!  We left and will not go back until The regular camp host Terry is there. She really makes the place nice  and relaxing to go to

Family Camping

We spent the Fourth of July weekend on the 300 Loop on the Pittsburgh side. Despite the humidity and high water levels (not the camps fault) we had a fantastic time. Facilities were maintained family and restrooms/showers were available. The campsites were patrolled at various times and staff were friendly and helpful. The marina was within walking distance and offers food, treats, and camp gear you may have forgot. Right before you get to the camp, there is an Alps store that has everything you’d need and more, including a Hunts Brothers Pizza option for when you accidentally burn dinner and the kids are starving. Overall, a great laidback option for families that are camping novices or otherwise.

Nice little privately owned campground

Nice little privately owned campground with a great value for your $. Definitely off the beaten path but full hookups for $15 per night. No T-Mobile service. Kinda backwoods and could definitely use some updating but pleasant all the same.

Fantastic Service

From the moment we checked in til we checked out everyone was wonderful. The cabins don’t look like much from the outside, but inside they are wonderful. Showers were hot and the campground is clean and quiet. Perfect for families.

Quaint and quiet a little peace of heaven

We are a quite campground with a small stock pond and a shower house for men and women. We also have a laundry facility and a clubhouse, we have firewood, and Ice. So come by and see us and enjoy a quiet weekend. You may see deer, and birds, squirrels ,Chipmunks, sometimes turkey. So we would love to meet you.

Perfect weekend

What a fabulous campground. Hiking, boating, playground clean bath house. Park hosts are wonderful!

Nice but...

I love the location and hate it at the same time, the lake is currently flooded so most of the shorefront campgrounds are underwater, with all this extra water the mosquitos are thick, but thats the only downside. The toilets were clean, there was a water spigot by the toilet for water, i dont think its potable. The upper sites are nice an open an the all have lmap hooks an forepits.

Tight squeeze !

Were really paces in here but the had so many amenities it was crazy. Cable, WiFi, pool. Etc. close to the Lake of the Ozark hot spots made it very convenient. Best shower house. Great bathrooms. Very clean. Pull through sit was nice.

Great Getaway

We recently visited this campground while staying at LOZ.  It was clean and the people were so nice that we spoke to.  Great amenities.

Excellent Spot

I really enjoyed my first trip here. I had never even heard of this lake. The grounds are nice and clean. The restrooms and showers are decent for a public area. The shop on the marina is not over priced like you would think. The staff are really nice. We do wish there were more instructions in the confirmation email on the check in process and specifically where to go when first arriving at the camp. There are pontoons, kayaks and canoes for rent at the marina. There is also a swim beach nearby.

Loved this place

We stayed At loop 300, 317 which is a family site. Daughter and her family joined us with a tent and we had our 31 ft 5th wheel. The only negative is there is electric only, no water. But there was a hydrant across the street that allowed us to fill our tank! Even though it was cold, the wind blew and it rained our second night, we had a great time. Woke up after the rain to find everyone in the camper!! Haha. Will definitely stay here again!!!!

Friendly,fun!

Located in Warsaw Mo is a great place to camp. THE LAST RESORT. In Warsaw MO. friendly owner are more than welcoming. Ice cream shop and large pool on site. Great fishing. Clean shower house with full hookups for the camper. Tent sites available.

Ranger Review: Icemule Pro X-Large 33L Cooler at Pittsburg State Park

Campground Review:

We stayed at this beautiful Missouri State Park on memorial weekend in 2019. This park is park of Pomme De Terre lake and 1 of 2 state parks on the lake, Pittsburgh and Hermitage. There are several local private campgrounds in the area but non match what you'll find at these two campgrounds. Pittsburgh is described as the more secluded of the two and thats just the way we like it.

We arrived to find that the normal lake level had risen from 830 ft to 860+. needless to say almost all lakeside camground were closed. We arrived at our site and identified that we had 13 inches until our site was to be claimed by the lake. The campground hosts actually informed us that over half of their sites were flooded or in immediate danger of flooding. They were able to offer us a different site as most people apparently decided to no show. We were relocated to site 323 in the Pittsburgh campground. A side note that almost every loop in this campground had empty sites and all those who were displaced were able to be relocated in the park at NO ADDITIONAL FEE for upgraded sites.

Site 323 was simply amazing. A level concrete pad with enough wooded area around to fully eliminate view of neighbors on either side. We camp out of a 95 Coleman Pop up so it was perfect for us. It is on a significant slope so tent camping would be hard. This site is walking distance to vault toilets, and clean water. After an impromptu wiffleball game broke out with the multiple campers across from us we decided to explore the campground.

Loop 100 is tightly packed RV sites with no real privacy but all your creature comforts . Loop 200 is electric sites well spaced with lake access to most. This appeared to be the most tent and camper friendly loop.  Both 100 and 200 loops are close to shower house and main playground.

Loop 300 is electric with most sites of the lake side coming with elevated gravel pads for grilling and watching the water. Most sites are on decent grades so the state park pics on their site would be a good idea to look at.

Loop 400 is the basic loop and from what I could tell stays fairly level with large grassy areas to tent in.

All loops have a vault toilet placed evenly on the loop and access to water from a spigot. They all utilize the same road in and the same plumbed bathroom / showerhouse. To my surprise these were all very clean and stayed that way all weekend.

There is only 1 trail for hiking and at 3 miles is worth the trip. It goes out to a point overlooking all of the park and most of Pomme De Terre Lake. We got to see this but in a little different way than planned. Due to flooding the trail was almost completely underwater.

A small marina with rentals and fishing docks is just across the street. They serve normal pub food and were very happy to serve. Lines there can be long as it is also a very busy boat ramp.

The state park has its own swimming beach and due to flooding it was closed. So instead we utilized the parking lot, Playground, and Pavilion as a launch point for our kayaking adventures. All in all this trip went from possible disaster to an amazing adventure on the water. The lake is very clear and paddling through the tree tops normally 20 feet off the ground was surreal. Pittsburgh won us over with customer service and a unique experience we will all remember.

Product Review:

As a Ranger for The Dyrt I sometimes get to test and evaluate quality products from amazing sponsors today I am submitting a review of my new Icemule Pro X-Large Cooler.https://icemulecoolers.com/collections/pro-coolers/products/the-icemule-pro-x-large

So as I said before I didnt get to hike with this bad boy but it did spend everyday as our family take and use cooler.

First and foremost I have to say upon receiving this thing I was shocked at the size. It is definitely extra large. My 7 year old would not be packing this thing around but Icemule has several size options so no real issue there. I chose the xl specifically to use while kayaking on this trip. I would be providing food and drink for up to 8 separate people and would be on the water for  long periods of time. I currently own a Yeti and Wally World Rotomold but cant use them due to their size on our boat.  Well this is where it gets good. I loaded all three coolers and set out with my Icemule in tow. I left the two hard coolers with family at the pavilion. Similar contents and each cooler received 1 bag of ice in the morning. The Icemule stood stride for stride with the yeti in fact I will attach photos to prove it.  The Icemule form fit itself into the storage space on my kayak and at the end of the day had just a little ice left. The Yeti had a little more ice but nothing significant. I will also note that the Icemule was in the open sun on the back of a kayak in 90 degree temps. I was ecstatic with the result. This thing is amazing.

Now for the nitty gritty. My Icemule comes in several colors. I chose black as it matched my yak LOL. I can say the 24 can capacity is definitely modest but I wouldn't recommend exceeding it by much as all that weight adds up. Not heeding my own advice I topped this thing off and really put it and my back through the ringer. All the stitching and seam weld held up very well. Not a single issue even when over loaded. All clips and straps are high quality and very durable.

All in all I made room for 6 different coolers in my garage as they will all be resting comfortably there. The Icemule is now our families go to for all our cooler needs.

Beautiful and a fun time

Camping

Great place, beautiful sights along the lake. Highly recommend

Nice campground and beach!

We had a very nice time here. Everything was very clean. We camped on top of a hill from the lake in an RV site and with being completely surrounded by neighbors, we had enough space not to feel crowded. You could not easily hear your neighbors conversations. We almost stayed an extra night and had we not booked somewhere else ahead of time we would have! Nice spot.

Good for families

The campground is setup in 2 loops, non electric and electric, so if your a tent camper your not surrounded by noisy air conditioners running. Although the nicer facilities and playground are situated on the electric side. The camp doesn't have a swim beach, but there are some shoreline areas you can swim. The sites are all fairly decent and shady and not too bunched together.

Good secluded campground

Most of the sites are fairly private, the facilities are nice and clean, great playground. The swimming area is a little small but still a good area. It also has a Marina with a small store with hand dipped ice cream

Great campground

This campground is very wide open and great for family camping, the main facilities are clean and showers are private. It has a camp store, playground and a great swim beach with places to fish from the shore. The campground is perfect for bike riding as well.

Great campground

The facilities are nice and clean, it has a playground and a great swim beach and lots of shoreline in case the beach is full. The sites are well maintained, some electric sites are a little close together, but your camper should block the neighbors. It's within 5 miles of a dollar general and gas station and a bowling alley that has great pizza, in case you don't feel like cooking. We love site 75 and 68 with lakefront access and privacy

Great fishing and great campsites!

This has become our favorite family campground. The sites on the lake are awesome and large. The showers are clean and private. Fishing is great! My kids love it too!

Very nice

This campground is very nice, it has a nice restroom and shower facility and nice campsites. It also has a campsite that accommodates handicap. It also includes a playground and is within driving distance(10-15 minutes) from the lake 10/10 would recommend.