Drexel , MISSOURI

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Drexel Camping Reviews
Great place!

We enjoyed it here, but it snowed so we didn’t explore the trails while we were there. Our internet worked great through Verizon and ATT, we never tried the park WiFi. Clean laundry facilities, pull through site was a little tight, but worked well. If we’re in the KC area again, we’ll definitely stay there. Only drawback, the target audience is a bit older so no playground or park for kids, but plenty of open grassy areas worked too. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. They do propane refill, which was awesome.

Great place to camp!

This was the second campground I visited with my new camper. It was easy to get to, beautiful overlooking the lake, and was clean. The hiking trails were overgrown and no longer accessible.

Convenient Campground to Escape the City

This was the first campground I visited with my new camper. It was easy to book online, the attendants were very nice, and the campground was well maintained. The only thing I did not like was some sites were shared and not individual.

Nothing shy of memory

The caretakers here are the sweetest people. Taking my 2 and 6 year old on their first camping experience we chose this place and they told us as we checked in that they wanted their 1st camping trip to be awesome…loaded us up with some complimentary firewood…let us pick out our tent plot, and directed us toward the bathrooms and drinking water….and that's where the good part of the review ends. We had to change plots 2 times bc as we unloaded our gear and attempted to set up camp we were welcomed and not left unpested by snakes of all sizes and large insects…it was dark when we managed to lay my already sleeping children down in the tent…the night air was clouded with mosquitoes but the moon was full and the stars were amazing. Coyotes could be heard in the distance…we thought…until around 3 am when we were startled awake by what appeared to be large dogs without leash, collar, or owner licking our tent. Circling our tent….The morning daylight couldn't come fast enough…The bathrooms were dirty and infested with various insects and covered in cobwebs…a short walk to the waters edge sent us home w 2 children covered in chigger and mosquito bites …extremely disappointing.

Quiet and Peaceful

Small private lake community. Access to several lakes for boating swimming and fishing. Also has a golf course and swimming pool. Come in the fall when the trees are beautiful.

This is a very nice area to camp. Quiet. The shower/ bath houses are clean. I had a great time kayaking the coves to this gorgeous lake.

Nicest people!

I knew within minutes of check in that we picked the right overnight stop. The couple who runs the place couldn't be better. Great site with mini golf for the kids too.

Trains all night

This is a lovely campsite but we’ll sadly never stay here again - because trains passed by really loudly all night long - it finally stopped at about 5am. 🤬 We stayed on a Friday night

Couldn’t Find it!

My review is about location and the accessibility. I really wanted to stay here but I couldn’t find it. I drove around 5 times Of anyone knows where or how to find it reply or post photos how, I’d really like to try it out one time.

over rated and over crowded but close

The only real thing this has going for it is proximity to an amusement park. It's in the middle of a sketchy at best neighborhood and is extremely crowded in the months the park is open. (May to October) Cabins are okay and meet basic needs but are not cleaned thoroughly.