The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Woodbury , MICHIGAN

Most Recent Woodbury Camping Reviews
My Childhood are place

Ok, so I might be biased because this is where I spent my summers growing up. But I’ve never found another campground with such a great mix of secluded sites, but still opportunities to meet and party with fellow camper.

Endless hiking trails and two lakes where you can fish, swim, and boat.

If you’re in the area, this is highly recommended.

Nice State Park

Nice beach but you have to walk a short distance to get there. Bathrooms are clean,paved roads and grass sites

Private Sites

We stayed during very hot weather at the beginning of July 2020. I wanted to visit Potter Park Zoo so we choose to stay at Sleepy Hollow for a few days. Our site backed up to trees and I can't recall seeing our neighbors to the left or right. Because we didn't get any shade from the nearby trees we had to run the ac which is unusual for us in Michigan. We were in the midst of a heat-wave though and it was much appreciated. The park needs to upgrade the electrical system as this was putting a strain on their electrical equipment. We did go for a short paddle on (C) Ovid Lake, but again, no shade and HOT. I can't recall why we didn't go swimming?? Overall the campground was nice and I would stay again.

Ok place

It is a state park. There are lakes to fish, boat, kayak. Sites have lots of growth.

Better than most fair campgrounds

There is camping here during eaton county fair and a couple other events. The campsites are in a wooded area which makes it look like an actual campground.

Nice state park

Private sites with trees on three sides of the campsite. The bathrooms were nice and sites were black topped. Nice no wake lake. It was great for kayaking and fishing. The beach was nice with a fishing dock. Only negative it is 1/2 mile to beach. We just drove instead with our chairs and beach toys! We will be back!

Really, That’s Your Signage??

Well if you are arriving here late, good luck…. Pretty much the worst signage I’ve seen in Michigan State Recreation Area. Very good signs to pretty much everything other than Beechwood Campground. Once you do figure out that you have to drive to acolyte back end of park to register then turn all the way back around and find hidden non marked campground, you’ll soon realize they are walk/hike in sites. NO WHERE on DNR website for reservations does it say this. As is if this isn’t bad enough, once you park and find trail the sign then reads “East or west” for sites. Not B1- whatever this way B whatever that way do bring your compass too and flashlight if dark. To say the sites are uneven is putting it mildly. For 15 sites, you seriously can’t level them?? Really lazy considering how nice disc course is and signage for course. I wouldn’t waste your time or money camping here, visit park and use trails or disc course yes. Camp, no way ever again!!

Hiking, fishing, ranger-led activities and those sunsets!

Our kids enjoyed this park every year while growing up. Hunting for mushrooms, fishing, swimming in the lake, building forts, riding bikes. Big sites! This place was the perfect get away.

Awesome mountain biking trails!

Best trails in the area! Beautiful surroundings. Hidden gem