Camping in Shabbona

144 Reviews of 20 Shabbona, Michigan Campgrounds

Nicole D.
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

Great for families

We camp here with family, and it is perfect for that. We prefer the wagon wheel sites at the back of the park, so we can park our campers in a large circle. There is a pool and a beach, a small store, putt putt, Kayaks. Not my favorite type of camping, but great for a family.

Louis P.
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

Lakeside Resort

Loving it

Month of VisitOctober
A
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

Family Friendly and Quiet

Large sites, all full hookup. Plenty of onsight activities on the weekend. Large play areas, dog run, basketball court, lots of walking trails, and family friendly.

Shannyn W.
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2021

Loved!

We had a site on the water where we could park our kayak. The trails around the lake are as beautiful as the lake and sandy beach.

S
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

Firmly okay

The sites were VERY uneven, we had to call and get someone to bring us extra level blocks and we still weren’t able to get level. The sites are mostly dirt in the south campground with almost no grass. Bathrooms were very clean!

C
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2021

A little slice of wilderness in the siburbs

Always a great local retreat away from our hectic daily life. Don’t have to travel far to find some nature. Most sites generously sized, hookups available, clean restrooms. Nice updated playgrounds for the kids, trails to bike, planned activities on weekends. Only wish there was a swimming lake,…

D
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2021

Bay City State Park

Great campground to stop in for the night. We paid 25 for a camp spot plus 9 for a passport to put in our window. The beach is right across from the campground but the water is extremely polluted so we didn’t swim but the sand is really nice and clean so we did catch some sun rays. They have…

Okay M.
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2021

10000/5 stars!!

If I could give this camp ground 10000000 stars, I would.

I will provide as much information to give you as much info on what to expect if you plan to visit.

You drive up the entrance of the park, and on your right there'll be a trailer with a sign that says parking. You will park your car…

c
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2021

Fun State Park

We had a great time visiting this park. The beach is nice and the fact that they have a concession stand makes it even more amazing! We would definitely return for the beach and it was a great trip because of great company. However there were a few down falls. Toilet paper was out in the women’s…

Lynn F.
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2021

Perfect

My sister and I have made a long weekend at Addison Oaks an annual event! Well kept, clean bathrooms, peaceful hikes. Just perfect.

Site163, 160
RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2021

Michigan summer

I’m all fairness let me start by saying I’m more of a rustic camper. The state parks are just too crowed for me! First site 29 there was no way I could stay, my hitch would have dug the dirt. They did let me move to a much better site.

D
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2021

Beautiful spot, can’t enjoy it.

We booked 4 nights. Pulled into our spot to set up our pop up, and the people across from us had their music up as loud as possible. My husband couldn’t even hear my directions for backing up. We pulled out and got our money back after being told there were no spots available. The fact that they…

Scott S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2021

Nice Park on Sturgeon Bay

Mostly flat sites. There are no pull-through sites. You are given a plot of land and you can configure you campsite however you like. There is a beach on Sturgeon Bay.

L
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2021

Nice camp ground

Camping this weekend we have site 82 it backs right up to m25 quite loud having cars coming by and the beach has a lot of rocks on it not much a beach to sit on and for the kids to play other then that it, it’s nice a lot of sites and store has a lot of useful stuff in there if you forget something.