The best DRIVE IN camping near
Jasper , MICHIGAN

Most Recent Jasper Camping Reviews
Good Overall Campground

Stayed here for two weeks in October.    Halloween weekends. this place is packed - but empties out Sunday Afternoons.    Tons of activities for all ages during the weekends.

Larger pull thru sites, laundry, pool, firewood,   lots of convenience.

Monroe is minutes away with every food, and convenience option needed.

Hidden gem for the right people

This park is great for the right kind of trips, we visit here often in the summer to enjoy the river, kayak , and relax. Most sites are on a small elevated bank on maumee river, (you can walk down the path but not put a kayak in)

There are no hookups, only vault toilets, no staff only very nice camp hosts ( there are next to site 11 ).

Sites 1-6 are misleading on the site, they are not on the river bend, there is a gravel trail/road between them and the river bank. its not a huge deal for access but annoying if your expecting direct access.

Sites 9 and 10 were not bookable in 2020 an hopefully remain that way, they are basically in front on the camp host site, so the camp host is between you and the river.

Sites 11-15 are the best in my opinion

Site 13 has direct access to the river on a small walking path.

Site 15 is our favorite, it has the most room and still has a small path down to the river.

Bruin Lake

Beautiful fall 🍁🏕🍂campground. It is between 10 to 20 min to the DTE mountain biking trails. The campground is very clean and I got two bars of Verizon cell phone service. The showers and bathrooms were already closed for the season when I camped there. The campsites have different sizes so pay attention to your boundaries. I enjoyed overlooking the lake and I will definitely be back again.

Peacefully, quiet and stars. 🌙

November and 74 degrees Fahrenheit! Finally, I got a side booked at Lake Hudson Campground. It is very well sought after, and I tried it earlier in October, but weekends are full. Not so in November! Only the die hard, hunters and fishermen are here. It's beautiful! Serene and quiet! Loved our side which was sunny from morning to evening. There are other sides directly at the lake, beautiful shaded for the summer. The hiking trails are well maintained and we loved every minute here.

A Hidden Gem

This is a small campground no question! That being said we had one of our best camping experiences. Our site was right along the Maumee River and our view was just breathtaking. We watching the seagulls play and catch food while great blue herons skimmed that water and fisherman were out fly fishing. It was just a very peaceful setting.

There are lots of bike trails as the towpath trail goes through the park and it even leads into the little town of Grand Rapids. A quaint town with lots of antiques store and boutique with a brewery and pizza shop. ( the ice shop was closed for the season 🙁)

The only odd thing was your potable water and dump station were located at the Marina about a 1/4 mile down the road. Not a huge deal but a little inconvenient.

The Verizon cell service was great as well.

We will definitely go back to this park.

Spacious sites with biking and walking trails

We love camping here.  Every site is spacious and most have a full natural barrier that separates sites.  There are some full hookups, but all have electric.   Bring your bikes and walking shoes.  The paved biking and walking trails are well cared for.  There is also a beach at the state park. The only thing we dislike is the wait for the dump station.  Be ready to wait on Sundays if that is your check out day.

Great family friendly campgrounds

Friends and family for a Halloween themed event weekend resulted in lots of fun and good times. The kids stayed busy and made new friends while the adults hung out and had a good time! The staff did a good job running events. Bathrooms are a bit dated, but clean, and the grounds are a bit cramped/packed in, but it makes everything easy to reach quickly.

Beautiful, woody, peaceful perfection!!!

Maumee Bay State Park. Ohio. Let me state: Awesome park Full hook ups, 50,30,20. Sewer. Water. Handicap sites too!!! Dump station, with rinse down hose if needed. Large sites, private by trees. Gives each on your own yard. All Back of sites are fields. No one behind.
Quiet. Beautiful.
Lodge on site, cabins too Store, pool at lodge, game room at lodge. Bathrooms, showers houses. Clean and kept up. Each area has one.
Roads are set up with a circle at the end. Drive down them loop around then drive out. Angled driveways, easy to get trailer in. Or back in A and C class easy in and out too. Lakes, beach, canoe, kayak, bikes, hiking, boardwalk, wild life preserve, birders Haven, a scenic hill to climb.
More pictures to come.
They also have Hosts that stay here, and get free camping for helping parks out. Quiet times are observed. Perfection!!!! Wish all campgrounds had this layout.

Love everything this park has to offer

Campground was full this weekend with perfect weather. I will say every time we have camped here it’s always a quiet park. They only thing I dislike is the line at the dump station when leaving blocks the whole road and takes forever.

The trails are really nice and the boardwalk trail over by the lodge is my favorite. The beach area is nice and clean… to cold this trip to swim. Lots of wildlife at this park. We saw deer, raccoons, muskrat, lots of bird species and several snakes.

The camp store was closed due to COVID as was the nature center.

Great stay, great place to re-up

Friendly staff, clean park, close to supermarkets and other food locations. RV repair and sales nearby. I got lucky and woke up to a horse and dog competition at no extra cost to me.