The best GROUP camping near
Tate City , GEORGIA

Most Recent Tate City Camping Reviews
Great Campground

My wife and I decided to make a last minute trip to Tugaloo State Park this past weekend. The sites were large and spacious. We were in site #8 right on the lake. Water, electric and cable tv connections. No sites with sewer, but dump station has two receptacles so there was no wait to dump tanks on way out.

Wonderful property but awful management

property is awesome but manager got arrested for selling meth and pulling a weapon on campers. Sewage everywhere right next to your camper. Gross!

Separated, serene lots

First time renting a teardrop trailer and camping in it, lot was tricky for us to back into but we managed and the set up was great with a fire ring, picnic table, potable water and hook up. Also a great view. Nice and quiet site with bathrooms and showers nearby.

Tent by the river

Awesome spot about 20 min from Helen GA. Back your vehicle right up to your spot for easy unloading and using your vehicle for extra space for whatever. We tent camped right along the river.

Great Campground !

We started camping last year and have been to a lot of campgrounds all around lake Hartwell and Twin Lakes for us was the best one. We love it. We have a boat and get the same site every time and are always happy staying there.

Has it all

RV/tent camping and cabin rentals. Campsites had wifi and pretty good tv signal. There's also a lodge/hotel on site with a restaurant, with gorgeous views overlooking the valley below. Camping sites are spaced well apart with electric, water and fire rings. The campgrounds also feature a bathhouse and laundry.

Begin your Appalachian Trail journey here with 604 steps to the top of a beautiful waterfall.

Easy access

We usually arrive after hours so the lighting along the roads was a big help. The sites are close together with the neighbor’s hook ups next to your picnic table. (Not great) In the valley with mountains all around and a beautiful rushing creek.

Beautiful trout stream.

The entrance to this park is right across the street to an entrance to the Appalachian Trail. A beautiful trout stream runs through the park, close to all the campsites. Bathrooms and showers are clean. Wonderful place to tent camp, van camp, or tow a SMALL trailer to (a pop-up would be perfect). The road to this campground is very narrow, the hill is very steep, and there is at least one very tight hairpin turn. Unless there is another way into this lovely park that I am unaware of, I would not attempt to tow a 5th wheel or other large trailer to this location. Place is beautiful though. Tow your pop-up or pitch a tent. You'll be glad you came.

Captivating

Probably the most spiritual experience camping I've ever had. I'm not an expert and just learning a lot but the pups and I went up labor Day weekend 2020 and it was a trip beyond expectations.