The best YURTS camping near
Scarecorn , GEORGIA

Most Recent Scarecorn Camping Reviews
One of my favorites

We tent camped at Amicolola in early May 2020…ir was cold one night but we built a great fire in the firepit which kept us warm.The camp sites are spacios gravel and fenced.I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the park and the amenities, the restrooms were very well kept and the park manager was gracious. They have a water fall and several trails leading dow to a well stocked pond. My grandson caughed dinner…yum. I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and plan to go back.

Peaceful wonderland

This campground is easy to access off the I-75. With some shopping close if the case is needed. The grounds are clean and the beach accesses to the lake are very friendly. The security is adequate, many trials for hiking and the boating entrances are several. There are new cabins being built, with other vintage ones also available. A wonderful place to spend a few days to week at.

Beautiful Campground

This is a beautiful campground. As others have mentioned, the roads to get to the sites are narrow and windy. We have a 21’ van and we didn’t have any issues, but I was very glad we got to our site during the daylight. I would not want to drive the roads after dark. We stayed in a primitive site (51) so we could have more privacy and better views. Site 51 does not disappoint! Keep in mind there are no hookups at this site, and anything longer than our van may have trouble backing into the site. This would be an amazing tent site! From a practical standpoint, you will need to buy a parking pass - even though I received an email telling me I could go directly to my site and check in by phone, they wouldn’t let me buy a pass on the phone so I had to head back out to the park store to buy a pass. Other than that, great park.

Has it all

RV/tent camping and cabin rentals. Campsites had wifi and pretty good tv signal. There's also a lodge/hotel on site with a restaurant, with gorgeous views overlooking the valley below. Camping sites are spaced well apart with electric, water and fire rings. The campgrounds also feature a bathhouse and laundry.

Begin your Appalachian Trail journey here with 604 steps to the top of a beautiful waterfall.

Beautiful lake and campground

Red Top Mountain State Park campground was awesome. The sites were fairly large, wooded and private. Many were positioned right on the lake. The trails in the park were great for hiking and running. We enjoyed visiting the Qualusi Winery that was nearby.

Has it all

First Love

One of our first camping trips with our brand new camper. Loved every minute of it!!

Beautiful camp

Conasauga Lake campground is heaven on earth for this country boy. On top of Grassy mountain in North Georgia it is a great small camper / tent camp. Lots of large hemlocks and rotadendren on the trail aroundthe lake. The gravel road up the mountain is not for the faint of heart but worth the effort.

Go to Camping near Atl.

This is our go to campground near Atlanta, GA. It's a big place so things can get crowded depending on the season. Lots of the sites are right on the water & the ones more inland have power & serval are arranged perfectly for groups. Bathrooms are decent, not the best, not the worst.

Great lakefront spot

We stayed at site #82 pull through. $30/night. 30' hybrid travel trailer. We will come back here again

Pros:

• easy to level trailer
  • excellent lakefront view (many of the sites have lakefront views)
  • private with plenty of tree cover
  • quiet
  • large site area
  • friendly gate person
  • good cell reception with t-mobile
  • clean restrooms
  • good water pressure

Cons:

• 30 amp issues on pole with EMS readings. 50 amp was fine
  • steep hill to get to the lake
Year 2021 Flag