The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Scarecorn , GEORGIA

Most Recent Scarecorn Camping Reviews
Peaceful wonderland

This campground is easy to access off the I-75. With some shopping close if the case is needed. The grounds are clean and the beach accesses to the lake are very friendly. The security is adequate, many trials for hiking and the boating entrances are several. There are new cabins being built, with other vintage ones also available. A wonderful place to spend a few days to week at.

Beautiful Campground

This is a beautiful campground. As others have mentioned, the roads to get to the sites are narrow and windy. We have a 21’ van and we didn’t have any issues, but I was very glad we got to our site during the daylight. I would not want to drive the roads after dark. We stayed in a primitive site (51) so we could have more privacy and better views. Site 51 does not disappoint! Keep in mind there are no hookups at this site, and anything longer than our van may have trouble backing into the site. This would be an amazing tent site! From a practical standpoint, you will need to buy a parking pass - even though I received an email telling me I could go directly to my site and check in by phone, they wouldn’t let me buy a pass on the phone so I had to head back out to the park store to buy a pass. Other than that, great park.

Separated, serene lots

First time renting a teardrop trailer and camping in it, lot was tricky for us to back into but we managed and the set up was great with a fire ring, picnic table, potable water and hook up. Also a great view. Nice and quiet site with bathrooms and showers nearby.

Beautiful lake and campground

Red Top Mountain State Park campground was awesome. The sites were fairly large, wooded and private. Many were positioned right on the lake. The trails in the park were great for hiking and running. We enjoyed visiting the Qualusi Winery that was nearby.

Tranquility

This place has absolutely breathtaking views, nice lake, well stocked little office store, nice game room, did not do the equestrian part, but I’m sure it’s well worth it.. town is not far and has some good shopping and local restaurants. Definitely worth the trip…

Go to Camping near Atl.

This is our go to campground near Atlanta, GA. It's a big place so things can get crowded depending on the season. Lots of the sites are right on the water & the ones more inland have power & serval are arranged perfectly for groups. Bathrooms are decent, not the best, not the worst.

Spacious and beautiful

We had a great time when we stayed here in October. The campsites were very spacious in our area (we had #90) and it was close to the bathrooms and playground. We came with children and enjoyed the walk down to the lake, as well as hiking trails. There was plenty to do, and the sites were big enough for two tents and a giant canopy over the picnic table for the rains. It rained a great deal one night, and the site did not flood. We will definitely be back!

Trackrock Rocks!

Trackrock is a family owned campground with something for the whole family. Besides wonderful private, wooded sites, there are great amenities. There are 2 super cool playgrounds for the kids; hay rides and lots of room for kids to run and explore. Since there are stables on the grounds, it’s a great opportunity to see M GA mountains by horse or let your little one ride a pony. Like all that isn’t enough, throw in a little lake/ giant pond   There’s a beach for swimming; you can kayak , fish etc. Tons of trails on site for great hiking.

It’s so nice to have so much to do right on site.

Honestly couldn’t ask for kinder staff. You’re going to love your trip to Trackrock.

A Staple in the Scouting Community

One of the best campgrounds, hands down. As an Eagle Scout from around this area, this was our go-to place for summer camp and occasional other camping trips as well. With a large lake, open field, and well maintained roads and accommodations - Woodruff is one of my favorite camps!

Beautiful Park

Campground was very pretty and well spaced. Bathrooms could have been cleaner. The spot we reserved(69) was not a good spot for a camper, but would’ve been great for a tent only. It was narrow and on a steep hill.

Year 2021 Flag