Camping in Deerwood

63 Reviews of 6 Deerwood, Georgia Campgrounds

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

On the rise

I have been here for a while. As a visitor and as a resident. I truly enjoy it here. It has undergone some changes for the better.

Sitemany sites
Month of VisitFebruary
A
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Quiet and Clean Campground

This is a great KOA, lots of trees, not too tightly packed, and they have free breakfasts and ($) lunch/dinner you can order right from your site! Awesome pool with a slide and tiki bar. Would come again.

SiteC12
Brett D.
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Great sites and very friendly hosts

Had a great time with our 3 chi’s and my gorgeous wife at Jekyll Island Campground. Sad to leave but we will return!

SiteE3 and H0
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2021

Nice

New pool, pancake breakfast, stuff for kids to do. Only downfall, nothing close to campground. Campground store is self sufficient.

Month of VisitApril
Ashlee R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2021

Quiet Campground on a beautiful island.

We had such a great experience! This campground is tucked away at the end of the island. We took a beautiful walk to the fishing pier and then out to the driftwood beach which was just incredible. A golf cart or bikes are a must if you want to visit the areas many restaurants, parks, natural, and…

Patrick H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2021

Island Oasis

There is an extra fee/toll to get out to the island to be aware of. Well worth it! Just a stunning place overall. Spanish moss covered the trees over roads. It was like a movie. Driftwood beach is walking distance and a must see!

Deanna  G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2021

Bring your bikes!

We had planned to come to Jekyll Island but did not realize how packed the campground would be. They managed to find us a spot but wanted a two night minimum because it was the weekend. Spots were a bit on top of eachother, but once we got out for the campground to explore the island we fell in…

E
Reviewed Jan. 8, 2021

Easy Overnight Stop

We are always comfortable stopping here, usually after what turns out to be a long first day on the road from Carolina to Florida. The super-friendly hosts lead you into your site, offer ideas for local take-out, then give you breakfast some days before you hit the road again.

Daniel S.
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2021

Was happy to find this place

Had a tire blow on 95 just a mile from here. We were so happy for our unscheduled stop. Great store on sight. Free breakfast and pizza and wings delivered to your site.

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 29, 2020

Surrounded by nature

Lots of trees everywhere. They tuck the sites among the trees. Staff was very helpful at check in, lead us right to our spot. Walking distance to pier and Driftwood Beach. They rent bikes. You really need a car or bike to explore the island.

Amy R.
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2020

Great KOA

We have stopped here several times as a one nighter on a trip. Easy in and out and they have a grill you can order dinner from. Not necessarily the best food, but keeps me from cooking so I'll take it!! Also have a complimentary breakfast.

Melanie W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2020

Breathtaking too close to each other

I love camping growing up and I loves going to the beach so I was very excited to come to Jekyll Island but I’m really disappointed let me tell you God did his handiwork here this place is absolutely breathtaking and we got lucky we’re tent camper so we’re in a corner in the back of us is nothing…

Melissa H.
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2020

Full-hookups, great scenery, super buggy - even in December!

We spent a week here and enjoyed it quite a lot. We went in December so there were lots of long-term campers. Most everyone was very friendly. The longterm campsites had signs of the state where they were from, which I found to be a nice touch. Nearly all of them were decked out with holiday lights…

Month of VisitJanuary
Molly F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2020

Nice KOA, needs some maintenance

We had a nice two day stay at Jacksonville North KOA. The pull through sites were close together, as is typical of these commercial campgrounds. Smelled like sewer throughout the campground. The playground would have been nicer if it was maintained appropriately. Not much to do in the area. We…

• Jumping pillow needed air and to be cleaned off
  • Mini golf needed some maintenance
  • Ruins nearby
Month of VisitJanuary
Karen C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 7, 2020

I like this place.

Nice. I enjoy walking my dogs and riding my bike and this place was perfect for both. Down side was food on site not so great.