Camping in Chauncey

140 Reviews of 21 Chauncey, Georgia Campgrounds

Katie F.
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2021

Loved it!

The campsite was very private and backed up to the woods. The farm was so much fun and the people were absolutely amazing! They walked us around and gave us a little tour, they were super friendly!

Curtis D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2021

Very Nice and Quiet

First of all the campground host was a very nice gentleman. He even calle me sir. The bathrooms were impeccably clean. Flush toilets, hot showers. My sight was Blacktop with a fire ring and picnic table and water. That's all I needed. It was so quiet you could hear a flea flying around your ear.…

A
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2021

Tent camping

Best place in 5 states to see stars! There is NO light pollution making it beautiful. Even on a partly cloudy sky the stars were so bright. We did a boat rental into the swamp and did the kayak after hours tour. Both were great, I would recommend any of their tours. We saw lots of gatos while…

Month of VisitOctober
d
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2021

Excellent , peaceful stay

Our family visits this place at least 2 times a year. It beautiful with great sites and many activities that include the pond/lake, archery that the kids and I like. Many trails for hiking or biking.

Month of VisitJanuary
Teresa S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Great Stopover

This is a great stopover since it has easy access to I-75 on the FL-GA line. The sites are shady and have many pull through concrete pad sites that are well maintained. The only reason I have given it a 4 star review, because of the traffic noise, but that should be expected.

Jenn B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Great Kids Place

Lots of springs nearby. Trails are great for all. Lots to see. Bathrooms are clean. Little vegetation between sites, but enough space.

John G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

For the price I expected a little nicer!

The good: Conveniently located right off of I-75, pull thrus, full hook ups plus cable, bathrooms and showers air conditioning and clean, laundry room very nice, dog area, volleyball court, basketball court and pool.

The Bad: the sites are very narrow, the pavement is broken, not level in some…

Rachel G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Great weekend camp

This is a good campground divided into 2 loops. Many pull throughs. We had site #12 which was gigantic. All the sites are open to your neighbors. Small park with a few trails, small pond, and farm. The farm was great with chickens, sheep, donkey and horse. On our visit there were 3 day old lambs!!…

• site 17
  • site 16
  • site 5
Latika Y.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2021

Okay campground and great park!

The campground was just a bit tight for my preferences as a tent camper (especially as it was fully booked over a holiday—Thanksgiving—weekend), but we still had a great time. We rented a Jon boat, which let us see a lot of the park. Would definitely return.

Month of VisitDecember
Jacqueline F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Friendly staff and clean campground

We stopped here for one night on our way to Savannah. I would give the staff service 5 stars - very friendly and the chocolate chip cookies were a lovely touch. We were hoping to enjoy some star gazing but unfortunately it was too cloudy. The wildflowers and the upkeep of the place was great! I…

• bridge near the water and wildflowers
B
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Quiet and dark

Our site was slightly uneven, but leveling was a snap. Large site and trees between sites provided privacy. Not too many other campers. The bathrooms were spotless. The bugs were fierce, particularly the yellow flies. The boardwalk by the Trading Post is a nice walk, and we saw a barred owl.

M
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Clean and quiet

First time visit. Nice large camp sites, no sewer, but has a dump station. Level sites. Water and electric, has drive thru sites. Our camping club will be coming back here this fall.

Renate N.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Peace and quiet

Stopped here on our way up north. We have a small teardrop trailer and ready for boondocking.

It was a little confusing going in at the National Forest... there's no signs.. but we kept on driving and found the spots right on the lake. Beautiful! Our spot had a picnic table and an informal fire…

M
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Magical

Big beautiful park, restored bathrooms were fantastic, and the well stocked country store has friendly people.

SiteHippie Trail