The best BOAT IN camping near
Catlett , GEORGIA

Most Recent Catlett Camping Reviews
This being my first stop on my long journey.

What a beautiful state park with many outdoor activities and trails. I stayed in campground A sites were for the most part level and spacious easy hookup. The camp host were a big help got me out of a little trouble. Highly recommend.

Great place to camp

Very nice clean place

Great place to camp

Very nice clean place

Nice waterfront site

We stayed in site A37 on a Wednesday night in early December. The premium/waterfront sites were mostly empty. It was a little confusing finding the site after dark - luckily I had printed a map of the campground. It was a very relaxing site with a beautiful view. The neighbor site was close, but empty the night we stayed. Unfortunately, my final impression of the campground is staff using a leaf blower to blow leaves off of the surrounding sites and the entire road area in front of our site. Though I appreciate their efforts to keep the campground looking nice, they saw we were trying to enjoy the view before leaving. They could have waited 30 minutes to do that area after we checked out.

Beautiful state park

Plenty to do here at Desoto. Many hiking, biking trails. Zip line course. Swimming pool in summer. Campsites are well maintained and flat. Clean restrooms and showers. Nice camp store with plenty supplies. The Lodge is also great. The Restaurant serves amazing breakfast buffet (check hours of operation). Plenty of deer wondering throughout the campground. And Desoto Falls is just a few minutes drive from campground. There’s also plenty of cabins to stay in as well.!!! This place stays book up in fall …..so reserve early.

On a lake, close to highway

We were just looking for an over night stop on a road trip, not far from the highway, we came in late. (Winter) they have a list of open sites posted on the office after it closes, but the numbers on the sites were hard to see in the dark. Restroom had a code lock on them, after a bit I was able to find the site host (camp site to left of bathrooms) and got the code. Bathrooms were well kept, warm shower. The power of the site we backed into didn’t work but after parking there was no going back so check that out before you park. Overall would camp again.

Beautiful!

It's a little hard to get to if you have a big giant rig, but I can't justify giving this place any less than 5 stars. Tons of hiking trails with beautiful scenery, nice big parking sites, and full hookups. They have a little store for essentials and a lodge/restaurant that was awesome! I had no service at all with T-Mobile, but my verizon hotspot worked well in most places. The free wifi is only available at the check in site/store, the lodge, and the comfort stations, so it doesn't reach to all sites.

A word of caution though - if you value your life and property, stay off county road 604/606. Check your directions ahead of time and find another way. I only drove it with my tow car and still felt like my life was on the line - and it's a Chevy spark 😂 Had a bit of a rough time getting the RV backed in, but that was my fault for 1) being a newbie and 2) just having to see this park even though all pull-throughs were booked. Nice neighbor helped me out.

First camping trip in our new pop up!

Great pull through spots and great playground for kiddos….. very clean!

BUSY!

Harrison Bay SP near Harrison, Tn is obviously a popular park. I arrived on Sunday and the crowds were leaving. And yet the park was still crowded. Nice lake , good fishing. There are several sites on the water and plenty up in the woods too. These are nice sites. Paved and for the most part level. Depending on where your site is there is a lot of room to set up. Well maintained park. A lot of activities to keep you occupied.

Perfect RV stop

We stopped here for a night and made reservations on the fly. We called at 6:30pm and were told there would be a list of available spots and a drop box for fees. We got in the spot pretty easily and woke up to the most gorgeous view over the water! Cant wait to stop for a couple days on our way back home and explore. Friendly people, very clean bathrooms and showers, great hookups, and quiet!