The best WALK IN camping near
Yemassee , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Yemassee Camping Reviews
Nice park

Stayed 10 days in site 20 with our 39ft 5th wheel. Overview: The park is very clean and well kept. On weekends it was packed, Weekdays 1/2 capacity and quiet. There is access to the Edisto River for swimming, canoeing and kayaking. Park is in the boonies but within an hours ride to Charleston and many nice tourist spots. All sites are sand and some crushed stone. Outer ring sites are divided by foliage. Inner sites are much closer together and back to back.
Cons: Our site was listed as 45x75. We were lucky if it was 25x47. It also had a tree in the middle of it making it tight to back in the 5th wheel toy hauler. Their site descriptions need to be updated on their website. No cell service or wifi. MOSQUITOES!! We couldn't sit outside due to the little vampires. They did spray pesticide at 1 am 2 nights before we left. However, they didn't warn us they were doing so. So anyone with windows open or in tents breathed it in. If you're allergic to poison ivy be careful. It's everywhere including the sites.
Overall its a nice place to stay for a short visit. Bring lots of bug spray.

Quiet and convenient

Nice, quiet campground with plenty of tall trees surrounding, we didn’t have any trees in our site, but it was pretty wooded, so full sun was long. The grounds were clean and well maintained.

Beautiful trees

Nice little campground with great big beautiful trees. Walking distance to north beach which is super calm water. A nice bike ride to the other beaches. Facilities were modern and in nice shape. Pool looked to be in good shape. Roads inside the campground were a little small and some of the corners a little tight.

We were missing out!

We frequent Edisto Beach all summer long and decided a fall camping trip could offer a change of pace - we were right!

The campgrounds at Edisto were awesome! We stayed at one of the marsh front sites (no power no water).. it was incredible!

The trails were perfect for all 5 in our group.. adults and children. The views spectacular during the day and night!

This is a little gem we were literally driving past on the regular. I’m so happy we visited and have yet another reason to love Edisto!

Great campground

Great campground, nice and clean bathrooms, beautiful beach, very nice hosts, plenty of activities to keep you busy. Laundry facilities would be very nice addition. Be aware of vicious mosquitoes. Other than that amazing spot. Definitely will be back.

Pleasant and relaxing

Quiet campground, mostly RVs but nice spots for tent camping! Electric and water hookups for all sites, and they sell firewood and ice on site as well (on an honors system after the office closes). Nice pond with boardwalk in the center of the campground, and lots of space for dog walking. Very clean restrooms. Close to Hunting Island. We loved Superior Coffee for coffee and breakfast, and Shrimp Shack for lunch. Had a great time with our two dogs on their first camping trip! We are local to Beaufort and will definitely be back.

Absolutely gorgeous

Our first visit was in August 2020 and we’ve already booked our trip for 2021. We were in a site on the back row and even though this was farthest from the beach, it was only a quick walk to the ocean. Bathhouses were extraordinarily clean. The campground store was stocked with anything we might have needed. We rode our bikes up and down the beach and visited the lighthouse. The whole trip was fantastic, the only downside were the mosquitoes—come prepared!

Picked a bad weekend

Hunting Island State Park is a lovely place, but our camping experience was less than ideal. We tent camped on a full hookup site so we would have water and power. Had a lovely set up, but the mosquitoes and biting flies were off the chart! Also, was very hot and muggy. The bath house was like a sauna. Even after a cold shower, you came out sweating. It was also not very clean. The saving grace was the lovely beach which was a short walk from our campsite. Would definitely recommend going when the weather is a bit cooler and dryer!

Lots of people and lots of mud

Very, very overcrowded. The tent sites were unlevel and muddy ( since it rained before we arrived and all the water ran down hill to the tent sites). Pretty decent bathroom but too cramped for me. Won't be back to visit.

My standard

I've been to several different campgrounds since I started camping with my son about 6 years ago. This is the campground I compare them all to. We visit every summer. Never have a problem with reserving a site. They don't charge me until I arrive. It's never been crowded or dirty or unpleasant ( even when it rained!). It's nothing fancy…no spa, no pool, no tacky store. But it's easy to find, has a lovely boardwalk running through it, and is less than 3 miles from a well preserved revolutionary war fort, secret beach, and some of the best oysters and shrimp I have ever, ever eaten ( and since I'm a sous chef that is saying a lot!). It's surrounded by oaks and history, and huge tomato farms. It's, to me, everything good about a summer getaway!! Can't wait to go back!!