Camping in Talatha

92 Reviews of 10 Talatha, South Carolina Campgrounds

Teresa S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Beautiful Lakeside

This park has so many positives...clean gravel wooded sites, numerous lakefront sites, new bathhouses, and spacious. Made the mistake of booking a premium full hookup, which was perfect except the lakefront sites (water/electric) would have been exquisite. On my "I will return" list.

Lorilee S.
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Amazing location and views

This is such an amazing campground. The lake is amazing. The views are amazing. Would love to spend more time there.

• spacious site
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Nice place, definitely has potential

Still being upgraded, so newish pad was still soft but pretty level. Sewer pipes stick out a good 6 or 8 inches. Electric posts are new but have a meter right below plugs, so surge suppressor gets to hang sideways. All nice and new. Will try again in future as it keeps improving

We just…

Site30 something
Nick L.
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

very clean

had a great time with family and friends ALL the staff was very nice and friendly. the showers and bathrooms were very clean. i stayed in two of the walk in sites and love them very quiet plenty of fire wood. wish they had power but that wont stop me from getting them again

Site28 and 29
Micah G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Awesome view with kind owner

Mr mark is awesome!! Very quiet with wonderful views. Great quality well water better than anything I’ve had short of spring water. Electrical power. Couldn’t ask for a more peaceful spot to setup camp.

SiteA
Kaitlin B.
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Nice weekend getaway

We camped for a night here and explored some of the hiking trails that surrounded the lake. Some of the sites are pretty secluded from each other, especially the one we were at (39).

Month of VisitNovember
Amelia F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Beautiful but horrible

Absolutely the worst camping experience we have ever had! We have camped all over this beautiful country in all types of campgrounds from ones with full services to dispersed/primitive areas and everything in between and have never experienced such horrible conditions and staff. The couple that…

Christy F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

I wish we would have come here sooner!

We got to this wonderful campground on a Monday afternoon and left Friday morning and it was probably no more than 75% full that week.  It was super quiet and well-maintained.  The 72,000 acre lake is clear and clean and is great for boating, kayaking, fishing or swimming.  My husband caught and…

• Site 38
  • Site 38...right on the water
  • Site 38
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

Mistletoe State Park is a jewel in Georgia

We spent a couple of nights in Mistletoe State Park in Georgia while we investigated my husband's ancestry.  This park is truly beautiful. As you enter and drive through the park you are surrounded by virgin forest and arrive at beautiful Lake Thurmond.  Our campsite was the best we have ever had…

Bernie L.

Bernie

I'm an eagle scout and there was time I camped every week end

SiteTeardrop RV
Bernie L.

Bernie

I'm an eagle scout and there was a time I camped every week end.

SiteTeardrop Rv
John H.The Dyrt PRO User

Modoc campground

Great campground with large spacious sites.Dont expect a 5 star experience with the bathhouses.They are old but are clean and function just fine for our family

John H.The Dyrt PRO User

Modoc campground

Karen C.
Reviewed May. 8, 2021

Nice hiking trail, beautiful lake views.

The main campground is flat making it easy to back up campers or RV’s in slots. Some pull through spots. We were tent camping and choose a walk in slot. 27, 28 & 29. Our site was 29 it is about 100 yards from the main campground down a single lane sandy road that leads into a wooded area. We…

robins662 The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 7, 2021

Quiet and peaceful

This campground is very quiet and right near the water. I enjoyed it and would stay again.