The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Startex , SOUTH CAROLINA

Camping South Carolina Startex Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Startex Camping Reviews
Beautiful place

We were able to reserve site 40 and it was the most beautiful site avaliable at the campground. There is a trail to the lake, where you can access water and it made us feel like we were in our private small beach. There were staff cleaning restrooms regularly, showers had great pressure! You can rent kayaks or paddle boards at the campground. We loved the experience and will definitely be back.

A wonderful getaway

I was thrilled to find a campsite available with an amazing view. While our site was very small, it was perfect for me and two teenage kids. They loved being next to the creek and watching the water move. We already have our next visit booked! It probably won't be our last time, either!

Wow! Great Family Campsite!

So much for family's to do here. We stopped by to check it out on our way to another site and wished they had a spot available. We will be booking this for another time. Water is so clear. Site is so clean.

Our Favorite Campground for the View! Boaters Paradise!

Stunning Views. No Bad Spots. A little crowded, but worth the views and crystal clear water. Watet and Electric at sites. Heated Bathrooms with showers. Super clean campground. We went in Oct, 2020. I would imagine this place would be super crowded in summer. When we went in fall it was comfortable and not too many people. But the sites are close to one another. #49 is super private and like a penthouse suite with 360 views of the water. We stayed at #46, our 3rd favorite site. #43 hit our number 2 favorite as it is a bit away from everyone with view of water in front and behind you! We will be back. From AtlasJeeper!

Not too bad. Beautiful video form the rock

Since it is a large Rock cliff, probably not nest for kids. But is does have an amsonh view

Beautiful waterfront and tent camping sites.

Really no bad spots here! So many amazing spaces.

Stunning Views! Best sites #43 #49, #46.

We stayed in Oct, 2020, at site #46 which was awesome views. Also loved sites #43 and #49 (Best sites in my opinion). Beautiful Place! Clean. Awesome views. The water is crystal clear. Lots of boats. October had great cool weather and beautiful that the leaves are changing to falls colors. I have seen pictures of this place being very crowded in summer. So, I prefer fall :) Seems great for kids and pets. Not a lot of space or privacy between campsites, but the views are worth the less private sites. Water and electric at each site. Showers in bathrooms too. We will be back!

Needs some love

We stayed in site 20 and my take on this campsite is that it just needs a little love and care.  My site was next to the creek which was nice.  On one side of me was a permanent trailer of someone who lives there and on the other side, nestled into a triangle was my neighbor.  His sewage had been overflowed by the last camper and they had to get the management to help clean it up before they connected.  It's pretty clear that the sites weren't checked or tidied between campers.  There's no cell signal (T-Mobile) and even though the camp supposedly has WiFi, they've not set it up to cover the campground.  It really just covers the camp store area.

It just bothers me sometimes when I see a place like this that could be so great, if there was just a bit more love and care put into the place.

On the plus side, this was our first RV camping trip with our new (to us) 2007 Keystone Laredo 265RL.  Setup and everything went great and we just loved it.  Overall a successful trip but just a bit disappointed in the campground.

Just OK

Pluses: Nice river and lake Excellent WiFi Helpful staff for parking

Minuses: Bathrooms are yuck - need redone Campground is loud from frontage road and running parallel/below Highway I-40 AND train going by.

Poor water pressure