Camping in Fowler

338 Reviews of 24 Fowler, South Carolina Campgrounds

Gary P.
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2021

A yearly favorite !

We go to MBSP at least once per year! This is easily one of our favorite beach destinations on the east coast. The park is huge, offers spacious sites (if you look a for the right ones), and is a short bike ride from the beach! The staff are always great and the facilities are clean and tidy! I…

Nancy B.
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

SC Beach Camping

Love Camping here. Clean, plenty to do, I could hear the waves from my bed at night.

Myron C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Cypress View Campground

This is one of the two campgrounds at Santee State Park, and it is as different from the other as night and day. Unlike the dirt roads at Lakeshore Campground(the other campground in the park) the roads in Cypress View are paved. The sites are gravel, and many of them are pull-through sites.…

• Cabins on the Water at Santee State Park
  • View from the Cabin
  • Boat Dock
WThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Peaceful Stay

Located easily off I-95 this was a clean, well appointed, very nice campground with good facilities and kind staff. Would definitely stay here again!

Ashley B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Great Location, but HUGE

We loved the spot we for right by the ocean. Overall, it was a bit too crowded for our style of camping.

Ashley W.
Reviewed May. 18, 2021

Tight squeeze

I loved that we could walk to the beach. The shower houses were super clean, and the staff was really friendly. Full site hook ups, which is unusual at state parks.

Down falls, the roads are tight. I can't tell you how many bigger RVs have hit trees. We have a 40.5 footer 5th wheel, and it was…

h
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

Beautiful place.

No cable but internet is very fast. Cleanest bath house I have ever seen at a campground. Concrete pads. Easy access to camp. Lake city is a small town with lots of shops to visit.

Elizabeth D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

The best!

I would live here! Big sites, ocean right down these really cool paths. I'm going to try and come back. Great place!

susan M.
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Very nice kids/pet friendly!!!

My most fond memories o camping were here!!   So

Much to do!!  My kids loved exploring where the Huntington’s lived!  There are also botanical gardens nearby.  The only thing is Inthink you have to reserve your spot more than a year in advance now!!

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 11, 2021

This is a very nice place and well maintained. We had a great spot on the lake with a great view of sunrise. There are cypress trees in the lake and nice wildlife.

Site35?
Caleb J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 7, 2021

Great spot for an overnight or for a weekend

I love this spot. Its right on the trail, it also allows for you to drive right up to the campground and park your car, set up camp and then head out for a hike. It has some spots closer to the parking area and others back away from it by a couple hundred feet. There used to be water available but…

SiteHalfway creek primitive trail camp
Melissa W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 7, 2021

Little privacy, lots of bugs

This campground is very remote. I believe it has a camp store, but they close very early and were never open. Many of the sites do not have much privacy. We had to deal with neighbors coming in and setting up camp 12 feet from us at 3:30 in the morning with no regards to other campers. The bugs…

• site 32
  • site 32
SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 3, 2021

Beautiful spot on the lake

Beautiful views of lake Marion. Nice little beach with cute benches to watch the sunset. Dirt lots so pretty dusty. Older restrooms but clean. Looks like they are remodeling. Not all sites have sewer but a dump station on way out

Siteg10
bThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Great park

This park is great having large sites and great trails for mountain biking.

Małgorzata R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2021

Spring trip

Campground is located near very busy rail road. Trains go by every few hours and are very loud. There is no laundromat or gift store. You are not allowed to have a fire. Big sites, full hook up and reasonable prices. Campground is located in the same place where there is an event center. During our…

Month of VisitApril