The best TENT SITES camping near
Shoeheel , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Shoeheel Camping Reviews
No issues with cold weather camping

Chilled out in Rolling View for a cold weekend in our vintage UHaul. Only A loop was open in Feb, and someone was squatting in the site we reserved online. Fortunately another site nearby was open, but the ranger decided to have a discussion with the squatters who had actually overstayed by a couple days. Guess things are a little more laid back in the winter.

The bathhouse was warm and comfortable. Clean. Pads are flat, graveled, with a table, fire ring with grate, and lantern stand. Plenty of water pressure.

The view is truly rolling. Nice hills leading down to the lake shore. Our dog enjoyed all the different animal smells she came across.

All in all no issues, and the second time I have camped here.

Convenient spot but a bit noisy.

We tried this RV Park as we were traveling because the other fell through (there was a storm and they lost power). People were very friendly on the phone. They allowed a late check in. My husband paid over the phone while we were driving and when we got there they had laid out a map of how to get to the site and a car tag. Super easy. It was pretty empty that night and we did a pull thru site. We basically just stopped, de-winterized ate some food and went to sleep. And then in the am we disconnected and left bc it was still raining and we were just passing through. All night long we were able to hear the highway (i-95) and trains passing by. My husband is an extremely light sleeper so it was much worse for him. The kids slept fine and it was just ok for me. The campsite was exactly what we needed but I cant say we would go back just because for us, it was too noisy being so close to the highway.

Nice

It’s a nice place. Not my favorite in NE, but it’s still a pretty area.

Very nice!

Site was level and well maintained. Back the trailer in and hook ups were ready and available. Beautiful area with really nice views of the lake.

Family Friendly

I absolutly love this campground. Everyone that works here has always been super helpful and friendly. My kids love the swimming areas and playgrounds too.

Great stop for the week

Friendly people. Full hook ups. Level spots. Pretty lake to look over. Easy on and off the highway and easy access to shopping and RV store. No frills but worth the money.

Great visit

Started the year out on some trails. Had the place almost to myself except for the campers. Very well maintained. River is up, so some areas are flooded but still able to get a few miles in today!

Good Park, Large Sites

We enjoyed our mid-July trip here. There are so many loops and roads within this park, we had a blast on our bikes. We were in site G41 and loved the private feel of the site. We had trees and shrubs on 3 sides. This is a huge campground. The only downside is that they literally lock you in at night. You cannot attend an event or concert that runs late….because YOU WILL BE LOCKED OUT….LOL.

I guess I didn’t take any photos of this trip…not sure why.

Perfect overnight spot

Simple and cheap.quiet.small and civy. Clean

Beautiful but noisy at night

We stayed in Loop B and it was the loveliest lakeside campsite, nice level spot for our very large tent and a private sandy beach just below the site. This was especially nice over the summer because the public beaches were closed due to COVID.

This would have been one of my favorite campsites if it weren't for the noise. Some people were fishing on the lake between 1-3am just off our campsite, being really loud and shining a large flashlight over our site. We didn't sleep very much. I'm going to assume this was a fluke and give this campsite another shot because the beach is so nice.