Winston-Salem, NORTH CAROLINA

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Winston-Salem Camping Reviews
Nice rv campground

We stayed at this rv campground while visiting the many things to see and do in Greensboro North Carolina. visitgreensboronc.com

The rv sites are all pull thru nearly level, big gravel sites. We had plenty of room for ort 45' plus toad. There is a nice large K9 park. Playground. The best WIFI we have experienced and many free antenna tv channels. The restrooms and laundry were both neat and clean. The hosts were wonderfully friendly and knowledgeable. Will return for a longer stay.

Clean, level, close to Mount Airy

Clean full hookup sites. Level, easy access. Close to Mount Airy. Only one bathroom but it’s clean and has clean showers. No real activities on site.

Great Secluded RV Dry Camping

This site has a 38 foot pull through parking pad with a large patio and nice fire pit. It is dry camping with a Porta potty on the propety. The best part is this site is right by the river. Great place to get away and enjoy the sights and sounds of good ol nature.

Our favorite local campground .

Great views, large sites, all the amenities we need. Management is very nice and helpful. Pool is well kept. Near the golf course, rent kayaks next door, fishing. Great place! Only two drawbacks (1) noise from highway (2) many sites are not level so plan ahead and bring extra levelers.

Peaceful Campground beside the South Yadkin River and in the Country

This campground is off the beaten path, literally. It is out in the country, and without a GPS, I would have had a difficult time finding it. I had written the directions down from the website, but at night, it takes some maneuvering to look at directions and find country road signs in the dark. The campground is close to its namesake town of Hiddenite, which is a famous gem mining area known for gemstones such as hiddenite (spodumene), emeralds, sapphires, etc. I didn’t realize when I got to the campground that it also was a place for people to come watch their Christmas lights display. All of the mobile homes and RVs were lit for a beautiful display. When I first tried to book a reservation, I had to fill out an online request. After two days, I hadn’t heard back and I was going in that direction on my way home. I decided to take a chance. I stopped at the entry to what I think was the campground/Christmas lights display entrance. After a few minutes, a gentleman came out to ask me if he could help me. I told him I had contacted the campground two days ago, and after that I followed his golf cart to where he showed me a few places I could park my teardrop for the night. It had water, electricity, and sewer, as most of the sites do, and it was close to the creek. It had rained quite a bit a few days ago, so the grassy site was soft with ruts. They do allow tent camping, which is good to know for future reference. It appeared to me that most of the other campers here were permanent residents. When I went to the bath house, I was told the ladies’ bathroom was not working, so if I hear a woman in there I would know why. Most of the campers, however, would be using the facilities in their own RVs/trailers. During the summer, the bath house wouldn’t be so bad, but it was cold and there was no heat. The concrete walls made it feel even colder. There was hot water, however, but I chose not to take a shower there since I was only three hours from home and I would be leaving the next morning. The floor needed sweeping and somebody left beard hair all over the one sink. The host was very nice, and the campground served my needs for an overnight stay. There are a swimming pool and a playground for children. The road coming into the campground is dirt as was the road within the campground. There are shady spots in the campground with pull-through and back-in sites. Although the Christmas lights were on until I went to sleep, it didn’t seem to bother me that much, and other than the synchronized Christmas music, it was quiet. It would be interesting to see how the campground is during the summer.

Facilities were clean and decent, although distances to restrooms can be pretty long from some sites.

Nice quiet motorcycle campground

Great motorcycle campground. Clean facilities, friendly host. Good spread of water spigots and electrical outlets if you need to charge your equipment, although electric isn't available at each spot (you can bring an extension cord if you need it for a CPAP or such). Lots of great riding in the area and only a couple of minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway. If you ride a motorcycle and have never stayed at a motorcycle specific campground, give it a try.

Nice to stop in for a short period time

They have a large pool during the warm season as well as a playground and a small lake to go fishing on

CCC Cabin - Couple's Weekend Away!

MY husband and I stayed two nights in a 1 bed efficiency CCC Cabin at Fairy Stone State Park for a short weekend away from the kids. We visited in December so it was pretty cold weather but the cabin was so cozy and comfortable! We loved having the fireplace! The cabins have a bathroom, shower, kitchen with sink, fridge, oven/stove, microwave, toaster, everything you need! They have heating and a/c as well. The cabin was built in the 1930s and is so charming! Loved everytihg about our experience here.

There is no cell service or internet/wifi at the cabins though so come prepared with something to do! We found it to be very relaxing to unplug!

Gorgeous Views of the Blue Ridge Mountains

Can't believe we never camped here until now as this was in our backyard for 13 years!

Nice clean campground, with a creek running down the middle. All interior sites have direct creek access. Bathhouse is well kept, but the showers were disappointing as you have to push the button every 15 seconds and the water was only lukewarm.

Best part about this state park is not the campground itself. The hike up to Stone Mountain at either sunrise or sunset is gorgeous (we did both). Continue along the loop and the are extra treats…the Hutchinson Homestead is fun to explore and there are gorgeous waterfalls too. Lots of opportunities for rock climbing and cycling as well

Closest town for supplies and gas is Wilkesboro, about 40 minutes away.