About Hagan-Stone Park
Municipal
Hagan-Stone Park is located in North Carolina
5 Reviews of Hagan-Stone Park
Nice family weekend.

This park is close to our home, very affordable and was an excellent place to take my wife for her first tent camping experience. The tent sites were nice. I would scout ahead if possible because some are nicer than others. We stayed in site #7. The tent pad was level but ground around the area was mostly sloped. Was very close to the bath house. Bath house was ok. Wife said women's side was nice and clean. The men's side was a little outdated and could have had a few less spiders but wasn't terrible. There was a newer bath house a little further away from our site that seemed a little nicer. Campground was full but because there a limited sites it wasn't too crowded. Overall was a great weekend getaway with my family and friends. We will most likely go back at some point.

Great weekend get-away

A great municipal park with 3 camping loops:

• Loop A has no hookups and is for tents.
  • Loop B is heavily wooded with 30amp and water every-other site. You may need as much as 50' water hose. If you're longer than 30' you may find Loop B tough to navigate.
  • Loop C is basically a field with RV parking along the perimeter.

The park has several ponds (fishing) and about 10 miles of hiking and biking trails. Several large play areas for the kiddies and a pool (extra fee). There are two dump stations and two (older, but usable) bath houses.

Sloppy trails make for fun runs

Hagan stone is a great park! I've been there multiple times for races, and the facilities are excellent and the trails through the woods would have you thinking that you were miles from civilization. If you decide to go for a jog though, be careful not to slip into one of the ponds-- the grass does get very slick, and I've seen it happen a few too many times. In terms of camping, there are quality grass sites and sites for individual tents with a more wooded feel.

Beautiful lake and trails

I've raced here with my cross country team. There is a huge beautiful lake at the center and miles of gravel and dirt trails surrounding it. The facilities are decent, although bringing your own TP might be a good idea. Easily accessible from CH, Durham, Raleigh, and Greensboro!