About Rolling View - Falls Lake
Rolling View - Falls Lake is located in North Carolina
13 Reviews of Rolling View - Falls Lake
Good Campground for RVing but not so much for Tent Camping

This campground is one of the two listed at Falls Lake State Recreation Area, and I chose it because of its good reviews. The“primitive” area is Loop C, which means it does not have water or electricity at the sites. However, the sites do have picnic tables and lantern hangers. There are no designated tent pads, but you are instructed to set your tent up on the gravel. Unfortunately, the campground has flooding problems in the Loop C sites when it rains, and it started raining after I set up my tent. After thirty minutes of rain, my tent was standing in at least an inch of water, and there was nowhere else to move it. I ended up abandoning my tent to stay in the back of my SUV. The next morning, I looked at the other sites in Loop C, and they were also flat, which meant that it didn’t matter which site I chose. That is one of only two drawbacks that I saw in this campground. The other drawback was the nose from jets overhead from the RDU International Airport. It wasn’t noticeable at night(that may have been because of the pouring rain and the thunder), but during the morning, it was constant. My advice is not to stay in Loop C if it is going to rain. A raised tent pad would have prevented my tent from being flooded. The bath house is especially nice for a state park(state recreation area). The shower doors are a little narrow, except for the handicapped shower, but there is hot water. There are electrical outlets in the bath house as well, which I used to charge my cell phone. Other features about this campground include swimming beaches, a marina, canoe/kayak rentals, at least two fishing piers, a couple of playgrounds, and a store. The Mountains to Sea Trail passes through this park, and there are several other short trails as well. Overall, this campground is pretty good if you are in an RV or if you are in a tent and it is not going to rain.

Fantastic underused sites

Fantastic sites with community showers and toilets in loop c where we stayed poop a and b have electric and water at each site. Lots of easy hiking trails , fishing piers , playgrounds , picnic areas and swimming beaches . You can also get to the water with a quick stroll through the woods.

So Much Adventure

The camp site was great. I had a pull thru site that provided more than enough space. Two cars and a camper could easily park in the drive, while a pop-up shelter and a tent also had plenty of space to not feel overly crowded. The swim beach was a half mile hike away through the mountain to sea trail. I opted out of swimming on July 4th due to crowding, but the next day was perfect. Soft sand covered the beach and warm yet comfortable water temperatures allowed for a refreshing dip or just relaxing on a float. The fishing piers were great too. The public access one had a bit of wear, but that didn’t stop a variety of fish from biting. We also watched graceful herons and playful aquatic turtles hunting for there dinner as we fished. The marina looked fabulous, but due to pop up storms we didn’t get to launch our kayaks. The bath houses were reasonably clean for a holiday weekend. Park rangers regularly monitors the site, so we felt very safe. I would recommend this location to anyone who loves adventure.

Great Place

Very nice and quiet campground. Many beautiful trails and great views of the lake.

NICE Camp grounds

Quiet. Easy access to the lake. Some really good hiking trails. Closer access to the Mountains to Sea trail.

Can't get enough

We've camped here 2 or 3 times now and we can't get enough of this park. It is huge, covered in hiking trails like Mountains to Sea Trail and Falls Lake Trail. The dogs love it, the camp sites are beautiful and clean. The bathhouse wasn't quite warm enough for showers in November temps, when we tented. January was just as cold, but we rented a camper. The lake is gorgeous. Love sitting by the campfire and staring up through the trees at the moon and stars.

Best family Camping in my opinion in the area

I love camping here with the family. Plenty of drive up campgrounds close enough together that you can camp with plenty of sites close enough together that you can have lots of people camping together but still remaining a comfortable distance apart. They also have nice bathing facilities for those who dont want to rough it.

Great for Groups

This is a favorite for our large group of families. Many of the group sites butt up to the lake. The central fire pit, picnic tables, water spigot and clean restrooms make this a popular choice. Easy car camping in close proximity to the greater Triangle make this a great destination, especially for families and beginner campers. Falls Lake allows for kayaking, floating or just splashing in the water and enjoying the sandy beach.

Great spot to camp with your family!

Everything at the camp ground is well kept and maintained. All the sites have a bathroom within a short walk depending on the site you stay at. Has a barbecue grill/ firepit at each campsite as well, very great place to camp with your family food lion and local stores also within 15 min drive. Also has playgrounds for the kids and a beach area on the lake with kayak and boat launch areas.

Peaceful

My husband and I absolutely love this place! Park rangers are friendly, campsites aren't on top of each other and the restrooms and showers are clean. We love seeing the wildlife.