Pisgah National Forest, NORTH CAROLINA

Camping North Carolina Pisgah National Forest

Most Recent Pisgah National Forest Camping Reviews
Great weekend!

Can up on a spontaneous camping trip and had a blast! The water was clear with a small beach. Friends of my went and paddled the Wilson Gorge close by. Tubed down the river, just plenty to do for a weekend trip.

Fun!

Nice place to enjoy with family, we had a lot of fun in the lake. In the middle of the trees, as we like and close to the city. Very quiet, nice activities and people are nice!

Perfect fit for our camping style.

We camped in the upper section.  Our site #44, was huge.  The spaces between the sites made it feel very private. The entire park provided lots of roadways and trails that our pups enjoyed.  The camp staff were friendly and helpful.  I would rate this as one of the best campgrounds we have stayed at.

There are better options closer to AVL

In my experience as a full time RVer KOA's and there staff are typically very welcoming, accommodating and kind. However, this particular KOA is the exception to the rule. I've stayed here multiple times out of convenience, the staff has been consistently rude. I won't be making the mistake of staying here again when there are nicer campgrounds in the area.

Go When You Can Swim!

Highly recommend this campground if you are someone who loves water.  The falls are a must see and it's a beautiful sound to fall asleep too.  Water up in the mountains never gets that warm,  but I tend to notice around June to end of August the water is at its warmest.  After a long hike around the mountains, you won't even notice the temperature.  You'll be extremely happy to just jump right in!  As a side note- you can camp at Elk Falls (FOR FREE) instead of going to Linville Falls Campground.  I couldn't find that on this website, but I highly recommend that site over this over, if you are someone who likes a more secluded, off the regular trail camping.

Just ok

I camped at Honey Bear Campground a couple summers ago.  It's great, if you need an easy access spot and have kids.  However, I tend to like campgrounds that are more secluded and off the regular path.  It seemed like a good place to camp for us college students, since it was so close to campus.  But it's definitely more for families.  So this campgrounds, wasn't right for me and my group. They have a decent sized dog area, in which your dogs can run around safely off leash.  After walking around, we noticed there were campsites that were more close together, while some more tucked away behind brush.  I would recommend asking the check in desk about these different sites, so you can pick the one that fits your group most.  However, mother nature does not disappoint.  Our nature walks were gorgeous and we even found chicken of the woods close by!

Quiet Weekend

This place is a hidden gem. Sites run along a small creek. Center of the grounds has two playgrounds, net, and sand box. They allowed my children to ride their small gator around all weekend. Friendly people. Will be back.

Gorgeous Falls

Camping around Boone is filled with beauty.  Linville Falls is moderately trafficked.  The best benefit is you have your campsite and very close by you have the gorgeous falls.  I recommend camping no earlier than June.  Unless you don't mind the cold.  Most body's of water stay pretty cold for a lot longer up in the mountains and the nights can get chilly.  You will feel at peace here.

I simply loved this place

This place was one of my favorite places to camp! We went at the end of Summer before school was about to start again. The temperature was so nice and warm during  the day and perfect at night. The pool was so much fun and we really enjoyed it. We also played a lot of badminton.

The owners of the campground cook a fabulous breakfast that we really enjoyed. The pancakes were delicious! The camp store was fully stocked. The location. Was really nice too. We went to DuPont S.P and enjoyed that as well.

We will be going back!

Site was ok, pool was great, bathrooms... not so much.

Well,

The site that we stayed on was great. Very close to the lake. The lake was fantastic! Lots of good fishing for the kids. There was a nice playground too. The pool was so nice and a life saver because it was pretty warm during the day.

The bad part about this place was the bathrooms. They were very dirty and there were only 2 bathhouses for dozens and dozens of sites. The shower was awful as it was very moldy and creepy. Overall, I wouldn’t return because of the bathroom situation. However, I believe the new owners just took over when we stayed so since then they may have remedied the bathroom situation.