Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 100 ft.
Enfield / Rocky Mount KOA is located in North Carolina
6 Reviews of Enfield / Rocky Mount KOA
Decent Campground

My daughter needed to move out of her dorm at ECU and this was the closest campground that had a site available over Labor Day weekend. We were happy to be as close to her as we could get, and we appreciated being able to stay at this campground for 2 weeks.

This KOA is taking COVID serious, so during check-in they had us stay in the vehicle and call the office. A couple of minutes later, someone came out with paperwork and directed us to site number 2. When I got out to check the site, I noticed there was no sewer hook-up, so I asked one of the grounds crew guys who was nearby. He told me I was not on a full hook-up site.

I was pretty sure I had booked full hook-up because we planned to be there for 2 weeks, so I went to the office and asked. The owner proceeded to give me a lecture by about how I need to be more careful when booking on-line because their computer showed I only needed power and water. I asked the owner why he thought I would book a site with no sewer, if I planned to be there for 2 weeks. I had more I wanted to say about his attitude, but I bit my tongue because this was the only campground near where we needed to be. Fortunately, they had a full hook-up site available, so I was able to pay a few dollars more a night to ensure a comfortable stay. When I asked which site I was going to, the dude wouldn't answer me. Thinking he hadn't heard me, I asked again and he huffed. Then he said, "Don't worry about it, just follow my sister and she'll take you to the site." Again, I bit my tongue.

The sister took us to site 25 and after she gave us instructions concerning their very specific traffic pattern, she said, "I'm sorry about my brother." After reading other reviews of this campground, I'm pretty sure that was not the first time, and won't be the last time, she had to apologize for her brother's rudeness.

When we got to the site, we were happy to see it was extra long, so there was plenty of parking for the truck, the rig & my wife's car. The site was relatively level and the water and power were well maintained, clean & easy to access. The sewer hook-up, on the other hand was not ideal, as the pipe was nearly touching the leg of our neighbor's picnic table. I checked and sure enough the site on the other side of us had their sewer pipe right next to our picnic table. That said, the gnats were so bad at the campground that we didn't spend much time outside, so we barely noticed our neighbor's sewer line.

Cell service was excellent, which was good because WiFi was not ideal. They have satellite internet, so it was slow and barely accessible. They gave us passcodes for two devices, and the code is good for 3 days. So if you are there longer, you need to request additional codes.

The campground had one section for people who are there for extended stay - mostly construction workers doing nearby highway work. They were quiet and did not bother anyone. The rest of the campground was used by people passing through. The campground is close to I95 (there was no highway noise), so we seemed to have new neighbors every night.

All things considered, it was a decent campground and met our needs. I am not sure I would stay here for an extended time again, but if you're passing through or looking for a weekend getaway, the Enfield KOA will work.

Meh

Ok for a overnight stay. Gnats are terrible. Neighboring camp sites sewer hook right next to us. Luckily nobody was using it. Pool looks nice and the kids liked the small playground

Let down...

This KOA was kind of depressing! The bathhouse was under renovation for some time. Way too long. Pool was closed.

Nice place for the family

I will start the review by saying KOA is not my favorite. That being said. This was nice for the kids. They liked the pool and other activities. It is in the middle of a bunch of farm fields though. Not much nature around if that is what you like.

Morden campsites, great setup

Updated campsites. Nice setup. Didn't stay long enough to comment more

Super staff! Nice place to relax

We just stayed 2 nights but wished we had planned for more. The kids loved the pool and playground. The staff were so kind and helpful. RV site was easy to maneuver and hook ups were easy to get to.

Black Friday Gift: 6 months of FREE PRO camping features. Get Your Gift