Cape Lookout National Seashore, NORTH CAROLINA

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Cape Lookout National Seashore Camping Reviews
OBX best RV spot

My friends and I stayed here over the summer. Very beautiful scenery between the Atlantic and the sound.

Best of the Best!

The new website is www.stclaircampground.com

Facebook is St Clair Landing Campground

Been a seasonal site camper here for 3 years, stunning views of the Pamlico sound, great access to the ocean, sound and NC 12. Great staff, bathhouses, laundry facilities, etc. Quiet campground and great reasonable rates. We love it and plan to be there long term! Great for windsurfing, kite boarding, paddle boarding!

Great location

Clean camp grounds, could use additional shower. Overall great experience.

Great location

Clean camp grounds, could use additional shower. Overall great experience.

Great sound views.

First time staying here in early November and what a nice campground. Reserved a site but when I pulled up to my spot it was all muddy and rutted up. Back up to the office I went and she said to pick any of the sites but the ones already reserved. Clean bathrooms. Hot showers. Cool tent sites in the trees. One thing I will say is I didn’t expect the mosquitos to be this bad in November. They are a different breed than what we have back home. Other than that just a normal good campground with added features to make your stay great. Would stay again but next time to try the cabins.

Awesome beach camping!

A great National Park Service Campground! If you are lucky you can get a site with private access to the beach. You can't reserve a specific site online so you have to choose it when you get there. We camped here in October, so we had tons to choose from!

The campsite was multi-tiered with a flat grassy area with a picnic table at the bottom, a path to another flat sandy area where we put our tent, and then a path over the dune to the beach. The bathrooms have cold showers and are pretty basic. No fires at this campground but you can have a fire in the grill.

Ocracoke is such a special place with lots of fun things to do and see in town or just spend the whole time at the beach!

Pretty close to perfect

We had a wonderful first camping trip of 2019 at Frisco NPS campground. The perks to camping here in April would be: less bugs and less people! And it's not too hot. The beach is so beautiful. Our campsite 59 had an amazing view of the beach and campground, though it was too far away to walk to the beach.

There are little cactuses everywhere so be careful!

Great ocean front camping

We did a quick weekend trip and it was a very relaxed time. Very peaceful. We could hear the ocean at night. We were able to go four wheel driving on the beach. We were warning of biting bugs and flies during the summer, we really didn’t have a problem off season. They were still present but not a bother, if we stayed longer we would have put our screened dinette up. Already planning next year.

We even honeymooned here with our daughter

It’s comfortable, has nice amenities and not terribly far from the shore. Our 5 year old daughter loved staying here. The camp staff was helpful in giving us some alone time. We’ve gone back 4 more times. I can’t give it the 5th star because it lacks character and privacy. I’m not sure what they could do to improve it either. It’s a campground on dry, flat, packed sand - but they have made the most of it.

My heaven on earth

This is the campground if you want to go beach camping. The natural mounds of sand and sea grass make for decent privacy. Depending on the spot you pick, the shore is a few steps away. You can drive to a small lot near the beach entrance if your lot is far away. The night sky is breathtaking. The beach is usually pretty quiet, more fishermen than anything else. If you want to disconnect and leave with salt still in your hair and lips, this is a great place for it.