Durham , NORTH CAROLINA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Durham Camping Reviews
Quite and Clean...

This is the nicest and cleanest RV park in the entire area. I know, because I actually visited all the others to get a comparison. I have a 43' 5th wheel and was assigned to spot 17, a pull through site. Length wise I fit with room to spare. However I am 13'6" in hight and there is a cable/power line over this site and site 16 that hangs a bit too low and my AC unit got aquatinted with it. I informed the staff, Hana and she and her brother came to assess the situation. Site 16 was apparently already booked so I could not move there so we decided to just stay where I was and when ready to leave, the would help me by one of them going on my roof with a piece of wood to hold the lines up a few inches so I call get out. This park is family owned and run, and they are all so nice and accommodating.(10 children). The landscaping is done so well and meticulously maintained. Well done! To see a video of this place and also see a video of us getting out of spot 17, go to www.MyBucketListDay.com So if you have a Big Rig at 13'6" I would suggest site 16. You'll fit fine(Length and Hight) and be right on the river.(Video will be posted sometime after 9/15/20)

Nice, clean park.

Immaculately clean and well maintained park. Everyone was very friendly. Large, mostly level, pull through spots. It’s not the most natural setting (it’s more RV than park) but it had a pool, tennis courts, playground and mini-golf course.

Beautiful area!

Nice, wide open areas! Beautifully maintained park, great staff, LOVE the care and attention that they've put into restoring and preserving the older buildings.

Cute place. Interesting Spots.

Cute place. Interesting stays. Glamping tent, a bus, a tent pad, a few tiny cabins and more. Owners are nice and very accommodating. Shared gas fire area. It was a very cold night and they had our tent with heated blankets. It was definitely a Unique glamping area.

Great tent & camper sites

Great tent campsite close to water and boat launch on Kerr Lake. The shower rooms are very clean.

Beautiful but noisy at night

We stayed in Loop B and it was the loveliest lakeside campsite, nice level spot for our very large tent and a private sandy beach just below the site. This was especially nice over the summer because the public beaches were closed due to COVID.

This would have been one of my favorite campsites if it weren't for the noise. Some people were fishing on the lake between 1-3am just off our campsite, being really loud and shining a large flashlight over our site. We didn't sleep very much. I'm going to assume this was a fluke and give this campsite another shot because the beach is so nice.

Beautiful park for RVs and tents

Hibernia park on Kerr Lake, Henderson, NC has plenty of RV spots overlooking the lake. Some spots give you a personal sand beach. Many shaded sites for RVs and tents. We stayed Sun-Tues for a short getaway. Most Thurs-Sun were booked. Campsites on the loop in area 2 are large with plenty of space between campers. No issues with the water and electric at our site. We did not use the dump station at the front of the park. Park is incredibly clean. Rangers drive through several times during the day and right before the gate closes for the evening. Due to COVID the bath house was closed. Beautiful lake views with wildlife all over. Thoroughly enjoyed our brief stay!

Nice, roomy, heavily wooded sites

Phenomenal experience

Beautiful, Convient, Serene with an amazing staff!

I have been at this camp ground for nearly two weeks. Every Ranger and employee I’ve interacted with has been amazingly professional and nice. The facilities are kept in pristine shape regarding cleanliness and upkeep. The campers have all been friendly and welcoming. If you’re looking for a close getaway in the Raleigh area, this is the place to go!!