Cherokee , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Cherokee Camping Reviews
This park is BEAUTIFUL!!

We camped here at Oconee, at site 7, on the Lake Loop, in the middle of May 2020. PERFECT!! We were able to pitch a tent AND had room for my tow vehicle and teardrop camper! The folks that run the Visitor Center were PHENOMENAL! Plenty of room, nice sun and shade areas, EXTREMELY clean bathrooms and bathhouses, wifi, MANY trails to walk and hike, and really awesome buildings and a man made lake, that were built by the CCC (Civilian Conservation Corps)! I HIGHLY recommend checking this place out, and camping here! We're planning another trip in the Spring!

You can also visit nearby Table Rock State Park, Bald Rock Heritage Preserve, and Riley Moore Falls!

Wow. What an amazing cabin! Best one yet!

Just amazing! Stunning cabin. They supply wood. Water, electric and everything you need. Right in the water. Listen to the river. See the photos. It was awesome!

Perfect!

Greenbrier is the best. Entrance is beautifully decorated, staff really nice and accommodating, bathrooms/showered nicest I’ve seen and the location on river amongst the trees is idyllic.

A wonderful getaway

I was thrilled to find a campsite available with an amazing view. While our site was very small, it was perfect for me and two teenage kids. They loved being next to the creek and watching the water move. We already have our next visit booked! It probably won't be our last time, either!

Fall Getaway

My wife and I went for our 5th anniversary. The campground is great and within a mile or 2 of a lot of trail heads in the Smokies. It was beautiful in October, but if you go in peak season I would recommend staying in the national park due to the insane amounts of traffic getting into Gatlinburg.

AT campsites at the Gnarly Oak

Camped here 1 night while hiking the AT. Multiple flat areas for tents and/or trees for hammocks alongside the trail as it crests the ridge just north of the GA/NC border. Running water out of a pipe (it's a spring I guess?) just south of the ridge, but you'll need to boil or filter before drinking. I was here in the middle of November and so it was cold and windy at night.

Our Favorite Campground for the View! Boaters Paradise!

Stunning Views. No Bad Spots. A little crowded, but worth the views and crystal clear water. Watet and Electric at sites. Heated Bathrooms with showers. Super clean campground. We went in Oct, 2020. I would imagine this place would be super crowded in summer. When we went in fall it was comfortable and not too many people. But the sites are close to one another. #49 is super private and like a penthouse suite with 360 views of the water. We stayed at #46, our 3rd favorite site. #43 hit our number 2 favorite as it is a bit away from everyone with view of water in front and behind you! We will be back. From AtlasJeeper!

Nice little hideaway

You could pretty much drive by this place without giving it a second thought. I am glad I didn't. We got there late after 1pm. I was afraid that we were out of luck. But we found a nice spot right on the water. It was raining and the temps were threatening to drop but we wanted one last camping trip before winter. I am glad we chose this spot. A little rocky for the tents but we made it work. I did notice some much better spots for tents. Some sites were big, one of them maybe even big enough for a small gathering, but some were really small. It would absolutely NOT ba a good location for a class A motorhome but maybe some of the smaller class C's could get settled in there I saw a small camper trailer sitting comfortable. I would not like to try to get a larger camper or 5th wheel in there, way too tight to turn around. All of the sites had solid packed ground so it would not be hard to level whatever rig you use. Drive right up to the camp site better yet use a truck bed camper or tent. We brought a porta-potty and tent for it and were glad we did. Bathrooms are on the property but are just glorified outhouses the smell was not the most pleasant part of the trip by far. To sum it up we WILL be back but I will be getting there earlier in the day.

Closed early

This looked like a great campsite! The website said it closed October 31st. Unfortunately, it was closed early this year for some reason.

Stunning Views! Best sites #43 #49, #46.

We stayed in Oct, 2020, at site #46 which was awesome views. Also loved sites #43 and #49 (Best sites in my opinion). Beautiful Place! Clean. Awesome views. The water is crystal clear. Lots of boats. October had great cool weather and beautiful that the leaves are changing to falls colors. I have seen pictures of this place being very crowded in summer. So, I prefer fall :) Seems great for kids and pets. Not a lot of space or privacy between campsites, but the views are worth the less private sites. Water and electric at each site. Showers in bathrooms too. We will be back!