About Lake Norman State Park
Lake Norman State Park is located in North Carolina
10 Reviews of Lake Norman State Park
Almost all good

Great camp site. Great camp host. Hot water at the showers. Trail around the lake was nice but only 5 miles of trails for hikers.

Awesome campground

At the beginning of the trip, I checked in at the visitor center. Carla was very helpful, providing maps and info about the campground. After a beautiful drive through the woods, I arrived at my site. The pad was well maintained and clean. The lake was about 100 yards from my campsite, with a nice trail down to the waters edge. I met the camper in the site next to mine, and we ate dinner together and swapped stories and talked for a while. During the night, the raccoons were a little noisy, but eventually they scampered off to do whatever racoons do. 10/10 Totally recommend.

Loved

Camp hosts were TOP notch! Super friendly. A camp host can make or break a camp and these guys showed up! The sites were not cramped and offered tons of shade. If you are lucky to score a view of the lake, like us, you also get a great view to open up your door in the am. Pads are a bit smaller than normal so we had to bring our backup tent to this one but it was level. When driving around we noticed a lotnof the out lieing sites pads flooded so if you know there will be rain make sure you call in and get yourself an interior or one up the hill. It rained for our trip but site 16 stayed mostly dry except for one small corner. The bathroom/showers are older but super clean and HOT showers!

Great Campground!

I’m not typically in love with state park campgrounds, but this was was perfect! Our campsite was just up the trail from the lake, you could see and walk to the lake from our spot. Other campers aren’t right on top of you and the whole area was fairly quite. The dogs enjoyed themselves as well!

Big lake, primo camping and hiking.

This campground has a lot to offer. Hiking, swimming, fishing at it's Carolina best. Outdoorsies will not be sorry if they visit Lake Norman State Park. It is located at the northern end of the lake, where it is quieter(motor boat wise) than farther south. It is a huge lake of some fifty square miles and over 500 miles of shoreline. The park is pristine and well managed. Rangers give guided informative hikes(a mile or so) at different times in season and there are plenty of hiking trails. Enjoy!

Nice restrooms, nice sites

We stayed here on Memorial Day weekend in a pop-up camper. The site was level and spacious. There were wooded trails leading to the large bathroom/shower facility. Short drive to the swim and fishing area.

The beach is nice but crowded

The beach is nice but gets very busy during the summer months. Lots of hiking trails, with lots of people using the grills etc.

Great park

Have stayed at this park a few times and each time I find something else I like. Each site I have stayed at had tent pads. No more clearing an area for your tent to be set up. The trees here offer a great span for my hammock also. This campsite is located right on Lake Norman, which can be seen from some of the sites on the far side of the park. Bathrooms are clean but far from some of the sites. Park rangers are not seen very often but there is a resident "camp host" that rides around frequently.

There are plenty of walking trails and mountain bike trails with a boat ramp and "beach" a short drive or a hike away. Beach is only accessible at a fee if you want to swim. A wristband is given to determine who paid.

Lake weekend

I was skeptical about the location being more urban than rural but upon arriving I was happily surprised at the serenity of the place. Good trails and beautiful views of Lake Norman.

First stop in NC

A beautiful man made lake in NC. Stayed her and very satisfied during or first stop in NC on our way to the city