About Indian Creek Campground
Private
Indian Creek Campground is located in North Carolina
12 Reviews of Indian Creek Campground
14a

Amazing site and campground.

Very peaceful

This was our first visit to Cherokee to camp. We loved Indian Creek! It was very quiet at night and the sound of the creek was very relaxing. Everything on our site was clean on arrival and the bathhouse was great as well. Very dog friendly and all the workers were great. One of the workers call us to check on our arrival time since we were coming late. They even left us a map on the office front door with great directions to our site.

Creekside Camping

Indian Creek offers the most relaxing creekside camping in North Carolina.

Every campsite is lush with greenery, private and well maintained after each occupancy. The bathhouse is the cleanest I have found and the campsite store carries all of your forgotten necessities, and more!

My husband and I love coming back to this campground, because how of well we and our kids sleep! The sound of the creek at night melts all of your worries away and takes you off to peaceful slumber.

This campground is always in rotation for a visit.

Words can’t describe.

By far, one of my favorite places on this planet.

Love it!!!

I have stayed at this campground twice. Both times we had fantastic fishing. The camp sites are well maintained and allow for lots of room. There are lots of activities outside of fishing as well. But that was what I was there for.

Awesome place

This campground is absolutely beautiful! Our site was very spacious right on the creek. The cleanest bathrooms I have seen at a campground. We were on site 50.

Ranger Review: Gregory Maven 35 at Indian Creek Campground

Campground Review

We stayed in site #6, which is a premium creekside W/E site. The site was pretty large, level, and had unparalleled views and access to Bunches Creek. The stream is normally perfect for wading and fishing (stocked by the Cherokee tribe once per week), although it did become a little high and fast-moving after a few days of non-stop torrential rain. However, according to the staff on-site, you’re at a higher elevation and upstream enough where flash flooding isn’t an issue (which proved to be true for us). Whether it was gently babbling or angrily rushing, the creek provided a beautiful backdrop to our site, and we really enjoyed seeing, hearing, and playing in it. In terms of shade and privacy, while there were plenty of trees throughout the CG, the creekside sites were pretty tightly packed in, with very little (if any) privacy in between. Understandable, given the prime real estate of the creek. They did have other, more private and wooded sites further away from the water, but if we returned, I’d be willing to forgo some privacy to be on the creek again.

Bath house was a bit dated, but spotlessly clean. I was there a LOT during the week (mostly accompanying my toddler), and I feel like there was a staff member in there cleaning and/or restocking at least every other time we were there. Showers were nice and roomy, they had a dehumidifier going the whole time, and it always smelled fresh and clean. Nice pavilion next to the bath house with TV and Wifi. Laundry room was adequate, but smelled a bit like mildew. Camp store was very well-stocked but pricey, and the owners and all staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The only thing I felt was missing was a large dedicated dishwashing sink; that’s one of those things that makes my life so much easier when we camp, and I was pretty surprised they didn’t have one, since they had everything else so well-covered.

Overall, this was a great campground in a beautiful location, albeit a bit far from town (a good 20-minute drive). There are quite a few campgrounds in the area, but based on what we saw driving by, I would likely pick Indian Creek again. If they added a dishwashing station, it would be darn near perfect!

Product Review

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get products to test from time to time - today I am testing the Gregory Maven 35 backpack. I’ll preface this review by admitting that I am an extremely novice hiker, and had never used a legit hiking backpack before. I had always carried cheap, regular backpacks or those nylon drawstring bags. In short, the difference in how my back felt after day hikes was incredible. I’ve never had back issues per se, or noticed that much pain or discomfort from using cheap packs, until I experienced the support and comfort that comes from using a true hiker’s backpack. I was worried it would feel too bulky, but the framing felt lighter than air, while still being sturdy and supportive. The chest and hip straps were easy to adjust, and felt very comfortable and secure. I loved the quick access to my phone and keys provided by the zip-up pockets on the hip belt. Speaking of pockets, the amount of storage provided by the Maven is incredibly impressive. While I admittedly didn’t use the pack for many of the traditional items carried by hikers (i.e., no tent, sleeping bag or other overnight supplies), I still found plenty to stuff in there! We were hiking with kids, so I was happily able to bring along an extensive supply of diapers, rain gear, snacks, water bottles, sun protection, rain gear, first aid items, and extra clothing layers for the notoriously unpredictable Smoky Mountain weather. I never would have been able to carry all of these essentials with a standard backpack. Access to all of the compartments was very quick and easy as well; no zippers getting caught like they do on cheaper backpacks, and I loved being able to access the largest compartment from the bottom and the top. I’m happy to report that, even after lugging all of the aforementioned junk around multiple trails in the Smokies, I barely felt the weight on my back and shoulders, and experienced no strain or soreness. The material is high-quality, attractive, and easy to clean, so the pack is back to looking brand-new after two weeks of use and abuse. I can’t wait to bring it on our next adventure!

Mountain Haven

Absolutely loved our campsite and this campground. The campsites were neat and were cared for very well. We chose a primitive site secluded from all other campers since we tend to be a bit noisy. This worked out perfectly since you couldn't hear anything but the rushing water in the gorgeous stream next to us. Our backyard was the mountain and our front yard a creek where we could fish sitting right by our picnic table and fire ring. The campground is clean and our hosts/owners were very friendly and helpful. It was fourth of July week and they provided a fireworks show and hot dogs and nachos for free. You can bring your tent, RV, or rent a cabin. There was plenty to do and near downtown Cherokee where there are all kinds of little shops, places to go hiking, tubing, kayaking, or white water rafting. There are also several falls that you can visit. We did it all! And if you are into history there is a theatrical drama recounting the history of the Cherokee people and the settlers moving in to this territory. Cherokee also has a casino and hotel for those of you wanting to try your luck. All in all this trip was fantastic and worth going back to.

Great for all campers

Great and clean campground. Awesome for tent campers, with several spacious sites lining the river. They have sites for tent campers with electric and water, some with just water, and some with neither. The bath house is extremely clean.

The most relaxing camping trip you'll ever have

I have camped at this campground every year for the past 6 years and I look forward to it every year. The sites are all beautiful and not too close together, the bathrooms are always clean and the owners are always willing to help. You can bring your tend or camper and they also have beautiful cabins, fully furnished. I would never think of camping anywhere else in Cherokee NC.