This map requires WebGL
Please update your web browser or enable WebGL to view the map.Troubleshooting Info
The #1 Camping App
Camp with confidence with the highest-ranked camping app for both iOS and Android. Search more than 1 million listings, reviews, and tips for campsites across the U.S.
Enter your phone number to get the app.
A short 5min drive is all it takes to get to the beach. There's also a Food Lion and a Hardware store just 1mile away for the necessities you may need. Mostly quiet. Only dislike was the security light that was over our camper on site 21. full hook-up, which we only used water/electric. Bathrooms are very nice and clean. Great people!!
My thoughts and experience of Fayetteville RV Resort. This was our 2nd time staying here, this time we stayed for a long weekend, Thursday - Sunday during the month of April 2021. It is located a short distance from Interstate 95, making it a great place to spend the night if you are traveling on to another destination. Or stay for a nice relaxing vacation like us.
Our site #27 located across from the office, pool, mini golf and bathhouse is a back-in site, gravel pad, nice, level, average length and width, fire pit and picnic table. Full hook up’s, water, sewer and electric. Also cable tv and internet with average campground WiFi speed.
Things we liked about this campground:
• All sites seem to be gravel pads, nice, level, average length and width. Full hook up’s. I would guess half of the sites are pull though. They have sites that can handle long rigs. Also depending on your site nice shade trees.
• The staff and the couple managing the place are very friendly and it shows that they care about the guest. The campground is clean and well maintained. Seen staff making rounds all day.
• So much to do for the kiddos and adults. Two pools, hot tub, mini golf, basketball court, horseshoes and playground all included in your price.
• For the adults they have a nice workout center with lots of equipment.
• During our stay they had scheduled kid activities and movie night with popcorn.
• On Friday evening they had a food truck scheduled for dinner.
• We really liked the “Meet Your Neighbors Happy Hour”, they really wowed us with this event. It ends early enough that you can still have a quiet evening around your camp site. Check their activities list for schedule.
• Saturday morning they had a Waffle breakfast.
• Two large fenced dog parks, one located at each in of the campground.
• Two fishing ponds and dirt walking trail though the woods and around ponds.
• Two newly remodeled bathhouses and laundry rooms. Staff keeps them clean though out the day, we never had an issue with dirty or un-stocked bathrooms.
Verizon cell phone service was great.
Local Eating Places: Nothing special, Waffle House, Subway, Foxes Pizza and a corner grill all within 10 minutes away.
Attractions or things to do in the area: Averasboro Civil War Battlefield and Museum is only 9.6 miles. There is around 10 historical sites along the route that is connected to the history museum. In Fayetteville about 15-20 minutes there is a lot to do and see.
Nice family friendly campground. Plenty of things to do for the kids. Water park, swimming pools, playgrounds, laser tag area. Golf carts are of you both for the rent. Nice size convenient store you can also purchase homemade ice cream. Pet friendly with two dog parks.
We camped at HBRV the past three nights. We were in site #46. Great site, full hookups, end site so privacy on patio side of RV. Staff was great. People were friendly. Only 2 miles to Holden Beach. Fire pit, firewood for sale. Some long term campers. Definitely enjoyed our stay.
We decided to rent a permanent spot but aren't putting a deck on or anything like others as we plan to pull the camper out from time to time to travel. Yes, there are some rundown campers and lots of permanent residence but overall it's a great little place. There are plenty of spots for visitors and all are welcome! Has it's own beach access and pier, great playground at thr Beach for the kids and swings on the beach which is awesome!
Smallish campground with 20 sites on a loop around the bathhouse, which was clean and well lit. My girlfriend and I spent two nights and had nothing but good impressions. The entire park is very well maintained, and the staff was visible and helpful. An excellent state park!
Stayed this weekend and had a good time. The area is clean and well maintained. There is a lot of wood to gather for your fire but if you want to buy firewood then you’ll have to drive to the speedway about 10 minutes down the road. Once we arrived, the ranger came by and greeted us and gave us the code for the front gate since it is locked from 8 pm to 8 am. The river is about half a mile from the campground and has a put in for kayaks. There’s only one toilet for the entire campground however it was very clean. Good phone service for AT&T and Verizon. I would definitely camp here again!