Butler Crossroads , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Butler Crossroads Camping Reviews
Great Location Under the Live Oaks Close to Beach

We camped at HBRV the past three nights. We were in site #46. Great site, full hookups, end site so privacy on patio side of RV. Staff was great. People were friendly. Only 2 miles to Holden Beach. Fire pit, firewood for sale. Some long term campers.  Definitely enjoyed our stay.

Great family experience

Had an amazing time enjoying the campground and other campers were very friendly and outgoing like us!! Great coffee house and other amenities!!

Something for everyone

Met some friends here for the weekend. Had such a great time. We did the beach, peddle boats, pools and all. The staff is super friendly and helpful. We chose shaded spots and even tho this place is huge, there is plenty of room on the sites. Dogs enjoyed their long walks as well.

Great location

We decided to rent a permanent spot but aren't putting a deck on or anything like others as we plan to pull the camper out from time to time to travel. Yes, there are some rundown campers and lots of permanent residence but overall it's a great little place. There are plenty of spots for visitors and all are welcome! Has it's own beach access and pier, great playground at thr Beach for the kids and swings on the beach which is awesome!

NOT ENOUGH STARS!

Lisa and Brian are some of the nicest people I've ever met, Lisa is the epitome of Southern charm and hospitality and Brian my brother in arms my shipmate gave me a much needed lesson in sawmills which I appreciate more than he will ever know! Their place is a lil slice of heaven and a welcome escape from the world let their animals sooth your whoas and leave a better person and let me tell you leaving was hard. Thanks Lisa and Brian you will not be forgotten easily!

More than Camping

My husband and I stayed there for two weeks in January. It is a true resort. It has indoor pools, outdoor pools, waterslide, putt putt, bowling alley, and an arcade. We ate dinner one night in the restaurant and it was absolutely wonderful. The chef actually came out and spoke with us. The grounds are immaculately kept. The sites are all flat but there is not much space between the sites. If you’re used to camping in a state campground with trees and space between the sites, this is not the place for you.

We are going back in a week with my children. Two of my children and their families are renting the tiny houses that are available for rent. My husband and I will be in our camper it will be the hub for the family gatherings. Great place for kids to ride their bikes and splash in the water park. Can’t wait.

Love it

Amazing! Brian and Lisa have done an amazing job making their place welcoming to all. A working farm that even had the dog smiling at the end of the day. We hated to leave but plan to go back!! Thanks, Marty and Katy

Hidden Gem!

This place is so unique. They offer kayaking, paddleboarding, tubing, camping, glamping, night paddles with 6 different kinds of smores!! And the super cool Escape River Island which is 10 challenges like survivor or amazing race or escape room or something. Great team building!!! Definitely one of the coolest places I've been and staff is so awesome!

Hard to describe this place

This place is weird, but my kids LOVE it! Once you are set up you don’t have to leave Ocean Lakes until you check out. It’s on the beach, has its own water park, putt putt, arcade, community building with entertainment and Sunday church services. There are also lakes for fishing, a snack bar, and laundry facilities. We like to stay in the K section with a tree for shade. We have a pop up. The section up towards the beach is basically a parking lot with very little privacy. You can rent golf carts when you arrive, if you want, but you don’t have to. Every time I’ve been there it was clean and family friendly. No late-night drama. If you are looking for a more natural camping experience, try Huntington State Park.

Big! Fun! Clean!

We had a great spot; right on the beach. The park was huge, seemed like a thousand spaces. Would be very overwhelming in the summer time. There were also permanent homes. Each campsite had decent room and a pavilion with the picnic table. The laundry situation was pretty great. There was plenty of room and enough machines for everyone.