The best DRIVE IN camping near
Constableville , NEW YORK

Most Recent Constableville Camping Reviews
Great family place

Nice spots in loop c. Loop a is quite open. Nice overall.

Amazing views

Have stayed here a handful of times. This is a great stop when rolling into the Adirondacks. Tons of cute towns nearby and have always used this as a quick stop before heading further into the mountains. There are outhouses at the sites and one in particular has a great view up on a ledge. Pretty secluded. Also very windy so be prepared. Will be back.

Want to unplug?

Cedar valley is tucked away in a nice ravine along a slow moving creek. Mainly for those with campers but tent camping is welcomed. (and it's by the creek). The host/owner was amazing.

We were moving from Florida to New York and this was our final stop. We spent three weeks in the camper with 2 dogs, 2 cats and an 11 yr old. It was still amazing. The other campers were also amazing and very friendly. The nearest town is morrisville and the food there is awesome as well.

The downside for our 11 year old was there is no cell signal in the ravine. No verizon or att. Which was a bonus for we all were having fun but on days it rained she was a bit bored.

Over all a great spot out if the way.

Decent camping!

Pretty standard Adirondack camping. Didn’t get to camp at the actual sites themselves because it was a bit late in the season but I found a pull off on the same road and was able to have a little fire on the beach and crash in the van just fine. Pretty close to a road but not a busy one at all.

Primitive dispersed camping. 1/4 mile walk in, lovely quiet lake

This is a small primitive site. No services, but a very beautiful spot. There’s a small fire ring, and access to the lake for swimming or fishing.

Sunday lake has always been lovely and quiet and a great place to take youth campers.

Take Stillwater rd. to McCarty road, the trail is 0.3 miles To Sunday lake. Space to park two cars or a small RV off the road.

Small and completely gorgeous! Beach, wooded sites, great for everyone.

Soft Maple is a truly gorgeous small campground. Only about a dozen sites or so, first come first serve. Level sites for RVs or tent or hammock camping. Each site has a nice space with fire ring and picnic table. The beach is lovely and clean. There’s boat access for canoes and kayaks as this is part of the Beaver River route.

The entire campground is accessible, with gravel pack paths, and level sites.

Charlie is the caretaker here and everyone says he is the nicest person you’ll meet.  You can’t beat site number 11 for the perfect mix of treelined and water view!

There is space for RVs and a dump station but the sites do not have power or hookups.

If you come in to the campground from “number 4 road” (aka state rt. 26) it’s exactly five miles from the Left turn on to Soft Maple rd. If you have time, stop halfway- the 2.5 mile mark will bring you to the entrance for Eagle falls, a short hike with a fantastic reveal.

Peaceful and Serene

My family has came up every summer for as long as I can remember. I now take my children and will start taking the grandkids this coming 2021 Summer. The staff and Ranger John are wonderful. I love the area and hiking as well as the beach. Its always peaceful and well kept. I never had a bad experience!!

Good people! Perfect location !

I’ve been here 6 times over 10 or so years. Very nice. Bathrooms are clean. Bears are active!!! I’m a huge fan!

Rip-off

*If you like RV resorts and places where people drive around in golf carts, disregard my review, you will  probably love this place

OK, I hadn't planned to stay in an RV resort, but was unpleasantly surprised to find that the two nearby state parks I had hoped to stay at were not accepting campers without reservations in September 2020.  So I was kind of desperate for a place to stay after a long drive.

So I found this place nearby.  They gave me a tent spot for $70 (?!).  About 10 yards to the next campsite in either direction, zero privacy, although luckily all the other tent sites were empty, because I was the only tent camper fool enough to stay here.  The campsite was also right on a road, with vehicles and golf carts whizzing by all the time.

The place is really more of a cottage/mobile home community, although there were also some RVs while I was there.

The only reason I've given this place two stars instead of one is that it is on Lake Ontario, although of course don't expect to see the lake from your over-priced tent site.  They also don't allow dogs on the beach.

Probably the worst-value, and worst, place I've ever stayed, for what I was looking for.  Again, if you like RV resorts, please disregard my review, you'll probably love it.

Great spot for the night!!

We had a waterfront hookup ! So pretty especially in the morning with the sunrise. The road to get in was for the most part well taken care of. It was pretty quiet especially after quiet hours everyone was very respectful. It got really windy at night which was nice to keep the bugs away. Friendly neighbors as well. There’s a few steps down to a gravel beach and an expansive view of the delta lake. There were bathrooms in the middle of our loop which was great and easy to walk to and it was very clean. There is a water full station when you enter but there are also a couple water spigots in our loop.