About Glimmerglass State Park
No WiFi
Glimmerglass State Park is located in New York
12 Reviews of Glimmerglass State Park
Peaceful

Very nice and clean, quiet  and peaceful . Spacious sights both shade and sun. Plenty to do, hiking, kayaking, swimming or just relaxing.

Great Camping and swimming

Awesome place for camping and swimming. Beautiful views and great staff. Each tent site has its own fire pit with a grate for cooking.

Idyllic setting in the fall when the leaves are changing

This campground is at the north end of Otsego Lake less than 10 miles from Cooperstown. It's a great base for exploring Cooperstown. The Baseball Hall of Fame, Abner Doubleday Field and the nearby Ommegang Brewery are my favorite spots in Cooperstown, but there's such a diverse set of activities:

Water-based activities such as canoeing, kayaking, sailbaoarding

• Glimmerglass Opera

• Farmers' Museum

• Fenimore Museum

• a couple more breweries and a distillery

• and on and on

The park is a good place to stay during the fall colors season and also on Hall of Fame Weekend in late July, but book early!

We've camped here in a tent near Beaver Meadows

Friendly clean and lots to do

In July we took our new camper to Glimmerglass State Park. This was our 2nd time at the park. It is clean great bathroom and showers. Very friendly campers and plenty to do at camp grounds and around the area.

Sites are very easy to get into and well maintained. Water available and electric. The lake is pristine and wonderful to swim in. Nice beach. Also a place for showers and a bathroom and small place for food and extras things you might need for camping. Trails for walking.

With Cooperstown 15-20 minutes away no lack of things to do for adults and kids. Great restaurants also. No reason to ever get bored.

I will be back.

Views!!!

The views at glimmerglass are wonderful. I have brought my dog swimming and hiking several times. The beach is great and well kept.

Majestic views. This parked has earned it's name for that view!

It is pet friendly. We stayed with our 3 small children. Enjoyed bike riding through the park. water was beautiful. Lots of waterfront access. It was during the off season in early spring but still very well maintained and clean. Surprised to see so many campers there during the spring when we pulled in but not after seeing the views. Park is nice and easy to navigate with a 30ft travel trailer behind me. My husband loved the fishing! My children loved the water and trails. We visited the Baseball National Hall of Fame, Fenimore Art Museum and the Farmers Museum nearby in Cooperstown. This was our family's favorite spring break vacation ever. Showers had hot water and we were allowed to sue our generator no problem. Also my husband & I went to Brewery Omegang and had the best tasting ever!

peaceful

peaceful and quiet!

Beach camping!

Awesome beach camping experience. It's a beautiful campground and the campsites are pretty secluded. Best of all, you can bring your pets!

Day trip

It's a great place for a day trip

Camp

Glimmer glass is beautiful! The beach was gorgeous the campsite was a great size and secluded. I can't wait to go back next year!